Covid passes to be introduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they don't, the unvaccinated can get a negative test and then enter the event.

Obviously, they might then catch the virus from a vaccinated person.
I realise you all don't care about them but it shows the passes are pointless.
OK, Mr pedantic. It stops the unvaccinated and those with no test results, or a positive result, from accessing the event. :rolleyes:
That is their purpose and that is what is achieved.

Sponsored Links
Oh, EFLI, you are sadly trying to cling to the fake argument "any remedy that has less than 100% perfection is useless and should not be attempted"

As we all know, any remedy that has even partial success has value.

And, against a serious and potentially fatal disease, any effective defence should be considered.

Your attempt to insist on nothing but perfection is, of course, nonsense, and will persuade nobody.
I assume, by your analysis of ELFImpudence's logic, that he is against all sorts of protection and prevention measures, for all eventualities.
He's no doubt chucked all qualifications as pointless, because they don't guarantee perfection.
Seatbelts? Naah, pointless, one can still die in an accident.
Crash helmets? Naah nae bother......
etc.

No they don't, the unvaccinated can get a negative test and then enter the event.

Obviously, they might then catch the virus from a vaccinated person.
I realise you all don't care about them but it shows the passes are pointless.

You've finally got something right :LOL:

Oh, EFLI, you are sadly trying to cling to the fake argument "any remedy that has less than 100% perfection is useless and should not be attempted"
As we all know, any remedy that has even partial success has value.
And, against a serious and potentially fatal disease, any effective defence should be considered.
Your attempt to insist on nothing but perfection is, of course, nonsense, and will persuade nobody.
At last a reasonable response.
I don't though think it is being presented as a percentage reduction in chance of being infected - definitely not 99% reduction as you maintain.
Would you visit such an event? If you would then good luck. If not, then I must be right.

Surely though, it would have been better to prevent all the unvaccinated from entering these events.

I'll leave it there.

Sponsored Links
99% reduction as you maintain

i have not maintained that it is 99%

I have, however, asked you if any reduction in risk, of 99% or any other number below 100%, is worthwhile.

You have refused to answer.

Because your positition is untenable and your reply would be ludicrous.

OK, Mr pedantic. It stops the unvaccinated and those with no test results, or a positive result, from accessing the event. :rolleyes:
That is their purpose and that is what is achieved.
PMSL...

You obviously don't live in the real world!

There is usually only a cursory glance at what purports to be a 'certificate' and nothing more...

And as for denying access, it mostly doesn't happen! (y)

PMSL...

You obviously don't live in the real world!

There is usually only a cursory glance at what purports to be a 'certificate' and nothing more...

And as for denying access, it mostly doesn't happen! (y)
I've always been asked to show mine whenever it's a requirement, and it's always been checked with a phone scan.

hat a vaccinated person with a covid pass can still spread the disease therefore covid passes do not work

well if more people get vaccinated because of them….then they do work.

it’s blackmail but hey what can you do when people choose to believe Uncle Rodneys WhatsApp group instead of facts.

I generally agree with Government policy (although perhaps not so much implementation), but can someone explain or link me to the thinking around why Covid passes are beneficial?

As in the OP, jabbed people can still spread Covid o_O

Far too much reliance put in the jabbed helping to contain the spread. Brother's best friend died of Covid end of Sept. Caught it from missus, who caught it from her boss. All fully jabbed. Other two quickly recovered.

Far too much reliance put in the jabbed helping to contain the spread.
Truly sorry for your loss. And I agree with you.
The utter reliance on the vaccination is misplaced. It should be seen in the light of other sensible restrictions, such as masks, passports, etc.
Such sensible restrictions allow normality to return in some shape or form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back