CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM

david and julie said:
ban-all-sheds said:
masona said:
I would bring back the death penalty.
Then you are an ignorant, violent, uncivilised ****.

Not the nicest of replies Ban.
"I would bring back the death penalty" is not the nicest of views.

Masona wants to kill people - all I did was to call him an ignorant, violent, uncivilised ****. (BTW - the asterisks were mine - the choice of substitute word I leave to the Dear Reader).

On a serious note, we are clearly facing a problem with the ammount of violent crime.
Are we? And if we are, is it crime involving the level of violence which you think should attract the death penalty?

I can understand your (unstated)concerns, which I presume centre around possible mistakes or stitch ups etc, but do you not think that there may be some deterrent value? hopefully making the perpretrators think twice?
I'm sure that the death penalty for littering would deter litterers, but that wouldn't make it right. And given that the USA has (mostly) the death penalty and has a much higher murder rate than the UK, I remain unconvinced about the deterrent argument. How many murders are there that are both premeditated and carried out by sane people?

I don't mean for everyone but definately armed robbery(causing death), premeditated murder etc. I don't mean stringing everyone up, IE when the death was unintended or if the evidence was desputable. But you must admit the cost of keeping the likes of Sutcliffe could be better spent.
But what when the evidence is "indisputable" because the police have lied, cheated and fabricated? The Guildford Four, the Birmingham Six would in your system have been put to death.

What does it say about a society that is prepared to have innocent people murdered by the state?

What would you do to reduce violent crime?
I would not introduce violence against offenders carried out by the state.

PS - we've been here before:

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14951
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30168

You want to kill people.

I don't.

Sponsored Links
The whole trouble is this government is looking at costs rather than public safety. Let's all vote for a party who brings back execution when their is no element of doubt.

Some judges do live on another planet when they dish out sentences.
I can't say what I think about some parole board results as it's un-printable.
How can you call someone sane who decides to vote to let a man like him out. We have another who is out on day release from an open prison being prepared for 'early release' from a life sentence.

His vicitim was my sons teacher a family man who's family contunues with a life sentence. This government and our laws are crap and both need sorting before anarchy rules.

greengrass

greengrass said:
The whole trouble is this government is looking at costs rather than public safety.
No - the government is looking at what makes a humane and civilised society.

Let's all vote for a party who brings back execution when their is no element of doubt.
No, let's not, let's all vote for parties which want to have a humane and civilised society.

This government and our laws are rubbish and both need sorting before anarchy rules.
Are you planning to start anarchic behaviour?

Two long winded cop out replies there b-a-n.

Masona doesn't want to kill people as you stated, he wants the death penalty for deliberate and proven murderers, which is different. I don't know why you anti's always go on about people who were released on technicalities, concern yourself with the ones who offended again on release and with their victims, like intelligent and right minded people do.

Facts are forensic and sometimes video evidence is more reliable now and we are clearly talking about proven beyond doubt cases, particularly those involving children and the aged, which most people see as worse.

Nobody here suggested the death penalty for unintentional manslaughter or in cases of doubt.

If you seriously believe there are less murders and armed robberies since abolition you are at best naive or more probably stupid. You vote how you wish but don't have the audacity to preach on the way we would, given the chance.
What does it say about a society that is prepared to have innocent people murdered by the state?
Do you mean the Labour party and Iraq?
You want to kill people.
No, I want to avoid thugs killing decent people and yes I don't give a toss how many of these animals are strung up. I would also welcome the return of corporal punisment too. Whether you like it or not both capital and corporal punishment work, for the innocent victims and society in general. which is who I care about most.

I say spend the money on the elderly and the sick, don't throw it away on scum.

Tell me, had we hung the first "happy slapper" do you think this disgusting crime would have mushroomed as it has?

Do you think our drug problems would be as serious had we used the same deterrents some far eastern countries have?

As an alternative I could find hard labour, solitary confinment in unheated cells and starvation diets until they die as a fair alternative. We desparately need to do something, even if it is barbaric.

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
greengrass said:
The whole trouble is this government is looking at costs rather than public safety.
No - the government is looking at what makes a humane and civilised society.

So why have they stopped people from being free from prosecution in the defence of their property and family--as they said they were going to be with a change in the law.

Here we go again the fashists out for someones blood!! lets look at Daves idea of hanging the kids for happy slapping
"This sounds suspiciously like an urban legend. I can definitely believe the part about random street attacks, but the part about recording it all on video and posting it on the internet sounds dubious. If this is really the latest craze then where, are all these 'happy slapper' videos? They can't be found. Has anyone ever seen one? Of course, I imagine that some idiot will probably be inspired to go out and create one, now that everybody is talking about the phenomenon. If they do, then the video will serve as perfect evidence for prosecuting them."yes I know about the terrible story of David Morley poor guy but there is no evidence of"happy slapping"

don't you think this is just makeing us as bad as them "bring back hanging" and the birch? hows about cutting off peoples hands for stealing? your just letting your fears {mainly unfounded){and created by the media} get the better of you, "civilisation" remember? civilisation .
go live in siberia for a while it might make you apreciate what we have. :D
just my point of view nothing to get irate about.

All very well being one of the rock Cling-ons out there in the ocean ... Part of the wonderful :-
South West has a total population of almost 5 million (around 10% of the English total). It has the lowest population density of any English region (210 persons per sq km - the English population density is 383 persons per sq km).
..........The Sc' Islands' only Police Station is on St.Mary's and there is always a Sergeant and at least one Constable on the islands. The crime rate however, is very low and almost non-existent. Scilly is one of the safest environments left in the modern world and the magistrates only meet on the first Friday of each month - if required.
Is that in case they forget where the office is situate? Probably 'the snug' down the New Inn. :D :D :D
I bet hardly anyone needs to lock their door, apart from keeping the lock free .... Nice innit ? :D :D :D

ban-all-sheds said:
masona said:
I would bring back the death penalty.
Then you are an ignorant, violent, uncivilised ****.
Sorry if I've upset you ban, perhaps I didn't explained it properly, as David pointed it out better than me, I'm talking about death penalty for the proven guilty of murder, not just for the state of it. There have been a numbers of murderer letting out of jail and still killing people outside so that's okay is it because last July my eldest son was nearly lost his life? If they build more prison then they maybe no need for death penalty(?), what your answer then or do you agree with me now?

Oh by the way, I'm not violent or uncivilised, you don't even know me.

empip said:
All very well being one of the rock Cling-ons out there in the ocean ... Part of the wonderful :-
South West has a total population of almost 5 million (around 10% of the English total). It has the lowest population density of any English region (210 persons per sq km - the English population density is 383 persons per sq km).
..........The Sc' Islands' only Police Station is on St.Mary's and there is always a Sergeant and at least one Constable on the islands. The crime rate however, is very low and almost non-existent. Scilly is one of the safest environments left in the modern world and the magistrates only meet on the first Friday of each month - if required.
Is that in case they forget where the office is situate? Probably 'the snug' down the New Inn. :D :D :D
I bet hardly anyone needs to lock their door, apart from keeping the lock free .... Nice innit ? :D :D :D

ok I was born here by accident of birth :D surely I'm entitled to a point of view? but I will agree with you that I'm not in a good position to argue the point, but its FUN. :D

Richardp said:
.......surely I'm entitled to a point of view? .......

We-eeel .. ok go on then, only one mind you ! ;)

empip said:
Richardp said:
.......surely I'm entitled to a point of view? .......

We-eeel .. ok go on then, only one mind you ! ;)

ok! welllllll I like to have beer coming out the taps :LOL:

ps your right about the locks :( the key got rusted in to the lock and broke trying to take it out.

Just the right atmosphere for rust I would have thought ... Rising damp must be a bu##er down there.. :D

empip said:
Just the right atmosphere for rust I would have thought ... Rising damp must be a bu##er down there.. :D
Well the front door is 4ft away from the murgy brine, not riseing damp but 1000s of gallons of salt water slung at it on a spring tide with a s'westerly gale behind it. oow arr misses they dont like it up em.

david and julie said:
blah blah blah

rant rant rant

kill kill kill
Just the same as last time.

You are disgusting and violent and I despise you.

I wish you were not fellow citizens. Why don't you just go and live somewhere that has the death penalty?

masona said:
Oh by the way, I'm not violent or uncivilised, you don't even know me.
You want to kill people in retribution, or to discourage others, or simply to save money.

That makes you violent and uncivilised.

Sponsored Links
Back