CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM

Julie said:
.......... it doesn't really matter if people think I'm writing as David and Julie as I feel it's time to move on from the forum and this will be my final post here.

That's rather a pity, hope you change your mind soon.

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
Slogger said:
this triple killer wont last long

its the laws way of making ammends to the childrens family as now they can get there hands on him

at least i hope someone does

where batman when you need him
Here we go :(
WHAT would u do softus if you knew where this man lived and you knew where the family of the murderd kids lived

a say nothing and ignore him
b be his friend ? as he has served his time
c go to town on him good stylye ( two smoking barrels )
d tell the family where he is

e none of the above cos your above it all
:eek:

Problem is Mr. Slogger (and others) is that vigilantes like you go looking for someone to kill because you have decided they deserve it, and you then make a mistake and kill the wrong person. Then where does it stop?

I am sitting on the fence on this one, I don't agree with all that BAS says, but the Lynch Mob are a danger to everyone else until they are all dead. You would kill who you had decided was guilty, and then go on to kill anyone else who didn't agree with you. Even if you kill the wrong person (and it's been written on this forum) you then excuse it by saying it's better to have one or two innocent people executed than to let one guilty person live.

JulieL said:
Again having thought about it - it doesn't really matter if people think I'm writing as David and Julie as I feel it's time to move on from the forum and this will be my final post here
you realise you'll break moz and freddie's heart ;)

Sponsored Links
We have already discussed my name before and it was accepted I was a tranny so could use my drag name too, name calling is a red herring, purely an attemp to sidestep any good points I may make.

Oilman, although I am pro capital and corporal punishment, which I openly admit, I particularly refered to Sutcliffe. Furthemore, I stressed when there was no doubt whatsover,which there isn't with the likes of the above. I didn't suggest everyone and these points are being ignored by bas with his usual vitriolic hatred towards anything I say.

Facts are we are closing hospitals and a man was refused attention for an heart problem the other day. Wake up Bas, we are already a barbaric uncivilised third world country. This is why we murder women and kids every day in the likes of Iraq.

Bas, putting your head under the sand doesn't change anything, it only makes you feel better. A good dose of inner city life would soon have the likes of you changing your mind.

Come on Mod where are you?

8 ) Abuse will not be tolerated.

Abuse : To assail with contemptuous, coarse, or insulting words; revile.

About time you sorted this once and for all.

;)

david and julie said:
We have already discussed my name before and it was accepted I was a tranny so could use my drag name too, name calling is a red herring, purely an attemp to sidestep any good points I may make.
You have no good points to make on the issue of capital punishment.

It's not your fault - there are no good points that anybody can make on capital punishment apart from saying it is always utterly wrong.

Oilman, although I am pro capital and corporal punishment, which I openly admit, I particularly refered to Sutcliffe. Furthemore, I stressed when there was no doubt whatsover,which there isn't with the likes of the above. I didn't suggest everyone and these points are being ignored by bas with his usual vitriolic hatred towards anything I say.
You still don't get it.

I am ignoring all of these points because none of them have any validity whatsoever.

There is an absolute moral imperative for the state to not use capital (or corporal come to that) punishment.

This is not a position susceptible to modification by any points that you or anyone else can make. It is not something that can be chipped away at by reference to the most egregious offences.

Facts are we are closing hospitals and a man was refused attention for an heart problem the other day. Wake up Bas, we are already a barbaric uncivilised third world country. This is why we murder women and kids every day in the likes of Iraq.
Oh I see.

Your argument is that because we are doing those things in Iraq we should start to use state-sanctioned violence on people here. Yes, that makes sense, doesn't it.

Bas, putting your head under the sand doesn't change anything, it only makes you feel better. A good dose of inner city life would soon have the likes of you changing your mind.
My head is not in the sand.

There are large and difficult problems to solve.

Let me give you an extreme example, (and before you scoff, I know it is extreme and ridiculous, that's the whole point).

If we armed the police, and made it known that they were patrolling the roads in unmarked cars, and that they had legal carte blanche to stop any speeding or dangerous motorist, blow his brains out and leave his body in the gutter, that would probably put a stop to speeding and dangerous driving. It would certainly stop repeat offending, and it would save a large number of lives.

But I don't think many people would view it as an acceptable way to deal with bad driving.

That is how I view any form of violent punishment for any offence.

Utterly unacceptable in any circumstances, and not something that can ever be challenged with arguments because it is based on an absolute moral principle.

Anybody who wishes to use state sanctioned violence as a punishment is as morally bankrupt as those they wish to use it on.

And my vitriolic hatred for everything you say in favour of violence as a means of social control remains. I said what I did because thugs like you need to be told that there are some people in the world with higher standards who find your views repellent.

And I will never stop saying it to you, or Slogger, or any other uncivilised scumbag who thinks that society should be founded on the principle of cold-blooded violence.

empip said:
Come on Mod where are you?

8 ) Abuse will not be tolerated.

Abuse : To assail with contemptuous, coarse, or insulting words; revile.

About time you sorted this once and for all.

;)
I'm sorry, but when people air opinions that I find contemptible and revolting, I have the right to make it clear to them just how contemptible and revolting they are.

It's really very simple, and it's not an attempt to curb freedom of speech, but if people don't want to be told that their views are revolting, disgusting, vile, contemptible, repellent, uncivilised, barbaric etc, then they should stop posting them.

If they wish to continue posting them then they must accept that those who despise them for it will say so.

All I've done is to (in one interpretation) use abusive words. What these people are advocating is real physical abuse - beating, torture and killing of human beings as a form of retribution and social control.

Which is the more unpleasant? To want to tell someone they are vile, or to want to torture, maim and kill them?

hermes said:
dg123 said:
murderers should be placed in dungeons and forgotten.

Would this apply to someone who killed their terminally ill and suffering partner, or a doctor who overdosed a terminally ill and suffering patient at their own request?

Would it apply to someone who shot the rapist and murderer of his daughter or wife?

I see you are another who misquotes previous posts by omission of defining words. Why not re-read all words in the post and then see if they reconcile with your scenarios.

BAS, I agree with some of your views, though the way you put them is not likely to win people over. Though you see any form of physical correction as unacceptable, it is the way throughout the animal kingdom, with the exception of the ants, social insects, shoals of fishes etc.

Now you say that humans should be civilised, and behave in an appropriate way, I suspect I know how even you would react if it was one of your close relatives who was the victim of a violent offender.

You would do well to remember how thin this veneer of civilisation is, and don't be too high and mighty about it. While you have views that desreve respect, there IS no "absolute" anything in society.

oilman said:
Now you say that humans should be civilised, and behave in an appropriate way, I suspect I know how even you would react if it was one of your close relatives who was the victim of a violent offender.
Yep, happen to me and I can now find out if I wanted to grass the person to the police of what they did to my son who's very lucky to be alive.

What the point? 6 months out on good behaviour then come looking for me or my son and the risks of getting killed?????????

I know I've mention the death penalty probably because I'm still feeling angry at the moment, although I can see where BAS is coming from (not names calling though) & agree to the point what he saying only if it's happening but it isn't? If life mean life in prison then no need for death penalty. This current government and prevoius government had all failed us on crime and this maybe why the anger on here because people has enough & the first thing come to mind is the death penalty.

Make life comfortable for them in prison? not sure about that, what about my son who's not the same anymore specially with me and my missus as well?

JulieL said:
Again having thought about it - it doesn't really matter if people think I'm writing as David and Julie as I feel it's time to move on from the forum and this will be my final post here
Well I hope you change your mind, I've always enjoyed your contributions, lots of new people that are rude, well less polite than some of us (NO! dont go back over my old posts) but rise above them, I've got a song for you, its abit long so I'll just sing you the first verse:-

Now here's a little story
To tell it is a must
About an unsung hero
That moves away your dust
Some people make a fortune
Other's earn a mint
My old man don't earn much
In fact....he's flippin'.....skint

Oh, my old man's a dustman
He wears a dustman's hat
He wears cor blimey trousers
And he lives in a council flat
He looks a proper narner
In his great big hob nailed boots
He's got such a job to pull em up
That he calls them daisy roots

love you xxx :D

oilman said:
BAS, I agree with some of your views, though the way you put them is not likely to win people over.
There is no way to win people over.

My position on this is based on morality, not statistics on recidivism, murder rates and the deterrent effect of capital or other violent punishments. As I said, of course a case can be made that extreme punishments are effective in preventing offences and/or preventing recidivism, but my position is that that is morally wrong.

That is the only, simple fact that I can repeat - it is morally wrong, and those who would behave in that way are morally bankrupt.

You either agree or disagree - it's not something to which you can be won over by debating it, any more than the Pope could be won over to atheism by a debate on the existence of God.

Though you see any form of physical correction as unacceptable, it is the way throughout the animal kingdom, with the exception of the ants, social insects, shoals of fishes etc.
We are supposed to be superior to every other animal in our ability to think and reason.

That's why we have police, and courts, and fair trials, and rules of evidence, and disinterested judges and juries, and punishments decided by democratically elected governments, and not lynching parties and death squads.

You would do well to remember how thin this veneer of civilisation is, and don't be too high and mighty about it. While you have views that desreve respect, there IS no "absolute" anything in society.
There is if society says so.

And I'm not religious, but I believe that those who are will also tell you that there are absolutes.

ban-all-sheds said:
oilman said:
BAS, I agree with some of your views, though the way you put them is not likely to win people over.
There is no way to win people over.
I don't know about that bas but you've certainly got me thinking now.

Sponsored Links
Back