Croatia looking to Asia to fill worker gaps.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was watching a piece on the news this morning about the shortage of seasonal workers in Croatia and the fact that they are looking to Asia to fill those gaps. What has happened to all those cheap EU workers we cruelly sent home - are they still on holiday? Apparently it happens in a fair few EU countries - Germany being one of them.

I wonder if the EU has a freedom of movement agreement with these Asian countries or do those EU countries only pick and let in the people they want?

Sponsored Links
Did we send eu workers home, there’s several million here permanently now, so much for taking back control. And what about our trade deal with India bringing their expertise to this county.

Blup

Did we send eu workers home
If you listen to what the remainers on here keep saying - shortage of NHS, care home, various trades, hospitality staff etc. you could form that impression, yes.

And what about our trade deal with India bringing their expertise to this county.
What about it - what expertise are they bringing?

Did we send eu workers home, there’s several million here permanently now, so much for taking back control.
There was a criteria if met meant they were allowed to stay. What would you have done, just send them all packing.

Sponsored Links
There was a criteria if met meant they were allowed to stay. What would you have done, just send them all packing.
No but I’m surprised the no deal brexxers didn’t as foreigners taking our jobs was a key part of taking back control from what I could see.

Blup

If you listen to what the remainers on here keep saying - shortage of NHS, care home, various trades, hospitality staff etc. you could form that impression, yes.

What about it - what expertise are they bringing?
IT, tech generally, health care, doctors nurses health care assistants.

Blup

IT, tech generally, health care, doctors nurses health care assistants.

Blup
I see no problem in the U.K. taking in skilled workers from wherever in the world they may come from as long as they are paid the going rate and not just brought in as cheap labour and to undercut the U.K. workers.

Fair enough but eu workers didn’t undercut British jobs they did jobs British workers didn’t or couldn’t or wouldn’t do.

Blup

Fair enough but eu workers didn’t undercut British jobs they did jobs British workers didn’t or couldn’t or wouldn’t do.

Blup
You've never worked on a building site then and never heard the phrase 'polish plumber'

Blup
I take it you don't work on a building site then?

Edit: posted this before I even saw Gants post.

we cruelly sent home - are they still on holiday?
A typical example of misrepresentation.
There were mechanisms in place for EU workers to apply for settled status.

"It was estimated that there were between 594,000-745,000 undocumented migrants in the UK in 2017, the Greater London Authority found (here) .

The UK is practically incapable of finding and deporting illegal immigrants.

The UK is practically incapable of finding and deporting illegal immigrants.

Bibby-Stockholm-_189bff5728e_large.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back