Danfoss 102 to Hive Single Channel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Bought myself an early Xmas pressie and will be swapping out an old Danfoss 102 with a single channel Hive.

I’m no expert, so could I please ask for a logic check on the wiring.

L / N / E & Common I’m ok with.

It’s the black wire - Danfoss position #1 that I’m looking for - I think that this should go into Hive position 3 - am I correct ?

Cheers all, really appreciate it :)

Attachments

• 7EA686CE-7FE9-4738-9DC7-C5040FBD3B4C.jpeg
    7EA686CE-7FE9-4738-9DC7-C5040FBD3B4C.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 416
  • E4F2EE15-0EE0-4B43-B9A5-D3E52D8CAFC6.png
    E4F2EE15-0EE0-4B43-B9A5-D3E52D8CAFC6.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 435
Sponsored Links
Isn’t the Danfoss 102 a programmer?

The Danfoss 102 is a programmer but that controls the oil boiler - it’s the Danfoss unit that I’m looking to replace with the Hive receiver :)

Yes I get that you’re replacing it with a hive, but I’m a little confused, if you get rid of it, how would you control hot water, and how’s your heating controlled at the moment? I’ve looked at the wiring diagram for the 102 and can’t make sense of your setup. Perhaps one of the more experienced can work it out?

Sponsored Links
It’s a really basic / old school setup.
The hot water is on when the heating is on. No heating = no hot water.

Ahh, makes a bit more sense now, then yes I’d say it goes to 3 on Hive (NO).

We’ve just moved into the property so haven’t had a summer yet :)
Hot water in the summer - TRV’s off and run the boiler to get hot water ... or tank immersion #Old

We’ve just moved into the property so haven’t had a summer yet :)
Hot water in the summer - TRV’s off and run the boiler to get hot water ... or tank immersion #Old
Its not wired properly then, should be the other way round that you can get HW on its own, but only CH if the HW is on at the same time

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
There’s no separate hot water pump, it’s old - whole system will be replaced before long with something far more efficient !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back