David Haynes has been murdered thread

JBR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Strange. It says there is a page 4 in the index, yet when I click on that it goes to page 3.

Then there is a 'page 4' button at the bottom of page 3, but when I click on that it takes me to page 3 again.

I've noticed this problem before on DIYNot. Any ideas what happened to page 4? :confused:

Sponsored Links
No, just tried again and page 3 comes up. The latest post is my own of 23 September. I can't understand it.

Sponsored Links
The number of pages may depend on how many posts can be fitted on a page and this may vary between browsers and whether adverts are enabled or blocked.

If you have some posters on "ignore" then that will reduce the number of posts being displayed in full.

Thanks for the information, guys. Could you tell me the author and date of the last post you can see in this thread, presumably on page 4?

Norcon 3.1pm on Saturday.

I think I know the problem, you have everyone on ignore ;)

Well that confirms the problem. On my computer there is a page 4 but it is inaccessible. The last post I can see is my own on 23 September.

I have nobody on 'ignore' presently. It is not a facility I use much, in fact I only ever put one person on ignore and when he seemed to have disappeared, I removed it. Even if you have someone on ignore, a short notification still appears.

On the address bar, delete 3 on the end and replace it with 4 then enter?

//www.diynot.com/diy/threads/david-haines-has-been-murdered.412374/page-4[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your help Masona. I did exactly as you said, using your link (which is the same as the one I have been using, of course), deleted the '3' and substituted '4', then pressed 'Enter'. Page 3 re-appeared, and the address bar resumed to '...3'

I can't understand what's happening. Perhaps I should ask the mods.
(Edit: have done so.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The forum software does do that every now and again, usually when something has been deleted.
Sometimes a new post will make it sort itself out. Nothing we can do otherwise. :(
Mod
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it happened to me, but got getter when I signed out, closed down the PC, started it, signed in again.

Thank you Mod and JohnD.

I have logged out, shut down the computer, started it again and logged in again. I'm afraid it is still the same.

Also, I remember adding a new post the other day, and that is what drew my attention to it. I'll try adding another post, but if that doesn't sort it out I suppose I'll just have to accept that I can't follow that particular thread.

It happens when people are deleted for whatever reason.

Everything shuffles about.

Sponsored Links
Back