Dawn Butler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Same thing. Or a drug gang pool car?
Without wanting to be a pedant, a car can be stolen without being ringed.

Eg stolen from yorkshire but left on its original plates.

The full video shows the police officer trying (and failing) to explain why driving a means of transport away from it's locality is "suspicious" . Therefore if I drive to N.Yokshire I am behaving suspiciously?
Stopping cars because "your not from around here" is an American trait

She was stopped by two police cars. Three officers spoke to her. A female officer justified the stop because her friend's car "had tinted windows that may be illegal"

No such law exits. Only front seat windows and windscreens have regulations.
Would she have been stopped driving a panel van?

Sponsored Links
Without wanting to be a pedant, a car can be stolen without being ringed.

Eg stolen from yorkshire but left on its original plates.

The issue is that after it was clear they didn't need to stop the car they start making up claims about the tinting on the windows to somehow justfy the stop.

It's poor training from the Police. If they had made an error - be up front and say right seems like some corrupt data - on your way - done.

However Police somehow need to go down the route of fishing and finding something to justify their actions - thats the real issue.

They should stop whoever they believe they have suspicion and quickly ascertain if they were correct - if not let the person be on their way and explain it all - rather than try to find something to justify their suspicion.

It's poor training - not Racism.

So if i understand correctly, the police pulled over a car in Hackney as part of an anti gang and knife culture initiative. The vehicle check (due to a mistype) showed the vehicle as being registered in North Yorkshire and the police thought that this might be suspicious.

The occupants happen to be black. I would imagine that there are a disproportionate amount of black people driving around Hackney due to the ethnic make up of the area.

What's the issue?
"What's the issue?"

Could you tell us if it's a crime (or even why it's 'suspicious') to be driving a car in Hackney registered in Yorkshire whether it was a mistype or not?

"What's the issue?"

Could you tell us if it's a crime (or even why it's 'suspicious') to be driving a car in Hackney registered in Yorkshire whether it was a mistype or not?
No, not a crime. What would be your criteria for a stop and search on a car as part of an anti-knife/anti gang initiative? I’d say it’s got to be random and just because you don’t hear of other races complaining about the police doing their job, it doesn’t mean they are not being stopped too.

Last edited:
What would be your criteria for a stop and search on a car on an anti-knife initiative?
Not a racially profiling criteria!

But you avoided the question...

"Could you tell us if it's a crime (or even why it's 'suspicious') to be driving a car in Hackney registered in Yorkshire whether it was a mistype or not?"

I’d say it’s got to be random and just because you don’t hear of other races complaining about the police doing their job, it doesn’t mean they are not being stopped too.
The question still stands, since the reasoning behind the stop was the car being registered in Yorkshire...

And anyone who has black friends will know (if they're being honest) that one of the reasons that those friends get stopped is because 'you're out of your area'...

I've also witnessed it more than once first hand, but interestingly when a challenging 'white face' appears then it's usually a case of 'sorry sir'...!

I didn’t. Unlike you of course. I asked what your criteria WOULD be, not what it would NOT be. Have another go.
mottie didn't like the answer so swerves yet again :LOL:

I've also witnessed it more than once first hand, but interestingly when a challenging 'white face' appears then it's usually a case of 'sorry sir'...!
Of course you have. :rolleyes: My sons mate lives in Hackney, or to use the term his mate and many other locals call it, Crackney. Says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back