Dear M.Barnier,

what next, Johnd saying "titties" "Benners" or "diddums" or other such juvenile things?

I don't know what ridiculous thing you'll say next.

Plenty of hate and resentment flows from your bitter mind.

Sponsored Links
The party with the most votes won, how is that not fair? Manchester City won the Premiere League, by having more points than anyone, do you think Stoke should have won ?
Not according to Abacus Abbott who reckons Tranmere Rovers actually won the Premiership for 3 and 3/4 yrs on the trot. :LOL::LOL:

I wonder if that will be the Will of the People.

Was it an option on your ballot paper?
The option on the ballot paper was to remain within the EU or Leave the EU. What's the difference between walking away from the EU and Leaving the EU ? Hmmmmmm Only thing I can think of with May's "Plan" is that we sort of leave the EU , but don't actually leave that corrupt organisation.

Norway, Switzerland and Canada are not in the EU. But they do have treaties and co-operation, to different extents. Somalia is not in the EU and might not have treaties. If they want to trade with the EU they have to comply with EU rules, but none of them have any votes or powers to participate in setting those rules.

The ballot paper did not ask which of the available options you thought you were voting for, so whoever is in government can resign our membership and pick any option they can get the EU to agree to (or walk off with none) and it will have done what nearly 52% of those who voted said they want.

Were you hoping for a particular outcome? What did you have in mind?

Sponsored Links
Norway, Switzerland and Canada are not in the EU. But they do have treaties and co-operation, to different extents. Somalia is not in the EU and might not have treaties. If they want to trade with the EU they have to comply with EU rules, but none of them have any votes or powers to participate in setting those rules.

The ballot paper did not ask which of the available options you thought you were voting for, so whoever is in government can resign our membership and pick any option they can get the EU to agree to (or walk off with none) and it will have done what nearly 52% of those who voted said they want.

Were you hoping for a particular outcome? What did you have in mind?

No such thing as an available option.

Its a negotiation.

Im surprised you didnt know o_O

you remember David Davis, don't you?

Wasn't he once nominally Britain's chief negotiator? A purely ceremonial position of no practical use. Not even a part-time job, really.

He's resigned now. Will anybody notice?

https://www.ft.com/content/9e3aacf0-7b9c-11e8-bc55-50daf11b720d

"David Davis has spent just 4 hours in talks with Michel Barnier this year
EU leaders cite lack of engagement as they rebuke UK for slow progress on Brexit

David Davis, Britain’s chief Brexit negotiator, has held only four hours of talks with his Brussels opposite number this year, according to government records.The lack of political engagement was cited by EU leaders on Friday as they rebuked the UK for slow progress on Brexit. In a joint summit statement, they insisted on “the need for intensified efforts” and warned that there had been “no substantial” advances on the vexed issue of the Irish border...."

"The pair met in London in February, in Brussels in March and again at the EU capital in June. While British officials have worked behind the scenes on detailed talks, high-level political discussions between the two principals have lasted on average 40 minutes a month since the start of the year

“This desultory amount of face-to-face time shows the government has been treading water since December,” said Pat McFadden, Labour member of the Commons Brexit committee.“

Where did you see this?
I ran an EMEA wide consulting practice for 5 years.. We had to deal with all sorts of inflexibilities which basically meant we were extremely cautious about recruiting in France, Germany, Spain or Italy. A quick summary:
- It can easily cost you 300K Euro's to get rid of an old slacker (on 100k per year) who does just enough not to get fired.
- German employment law makes it extremely difficult to analyse productivity and performance of employees
- Spanish employees do f***a** from June-Sept
- Our share of the economic wallet was about twice as high in the UK and if anyone had to go, they were happy with 10 months pay or less. I could also hire quickly, knowing that the employee would work hard for at least 2 years in the knowledge that he/she had few employment rights. Obviously in difficult times it was the uk team which got hit first, but generally we cut less and hired more.

Maybe MB wants employment law scrapped in the pursuit of innovation.
Let us scrap the Clean Air requirements (so we do not have to pay the penalties) in pursuit of innovation as well.

we'll do much better without you !

That's the problem ....they can't manage without us and our till reciept ! Plus you know theres a trade deficit ?

And people like you are a problem, having no vision of a future outside of the EU carbuncle.

I ran an EMEA wide consulting practice for 5 years.. We had to deal with all sorts of inflexibilities which basically meant we were extremely cautious about recruiting in France, Germany, Spain or Italy. A quick summary:
- It can easily cost you 300K Euro's to get rid of an old slacker (on 100k per year) who does just enough not to get fired.
- German employment law makes it extremely difficult to analyse productivity and performance of employees
- Spanish employees do f***a** from June-Sept
- Our share of the economic wallet was about twice as high in the UK and if anyone had to go, they were happy with 10 months pay or less. I could also hire quickly, knowing that the employee would work hard for at least 2 years in the knowledge that he/she had few employment rights. Obviously in difficult times it was the uk team which got hit first, but generally we cut less and hired more.

Interesting - what Industry was this?

When you said regulation I wasn't thinking about employment regulation per se. It was more about competition and markets - but I take your point about employment practices.

In your industry did you suffer from shortages of qualified workers?

Sponsored Links
Back