Dear M.Barnier,

Are you suggesting the EU is causing European businesses to fail?
Not fail, but be overtaken
Employment law, protectionism, subsidies etc etc. They might be good for some, but it’s not good for innovation.

Sponsored Links
I’m in no doubt that the EU want brexit to be as hard and painful as possible. There is no can do attitude there.

We are big enough not to be forced to accept their way of doing things.

However, may needs to come up with a good plan. I’m absolutely up for the softer brexit as a phase 1. I’d also have supported the hardest of hard brexits at the start.

Sponsored Links
The party with the most votes won
But more people voted against them...

And have done against any political party since WWII

So please tell us how you think that is democratic?

And while you are about it maybe you could explain why the think the following is democratic representation:

At the last election...
Each Tory MP required 43,000 votes
Each Labour MP required 49,000 votes
Each SNP MP required 28,000 votes
Each Green MP required 525,000 votes
And UKIP got no MP's for 595,000 votes

I’m in no doubt that the EU want brexit to be as hard and painful as possible. There is no can do attitude there.

We are big enough not to be forced to accept their way of doing things.

However, may needs to come up with a good plan. I’m absolutely up for the softer brexit as a phase 1. I’d also have supported the hardest of hard brexits at the start.
A softening of your outlook leading to the realisation of the futility of Brexit?

And btw...The EU didn't want Brexit - Brexiteers did!

Brexiteers just can't/won't understand that the EU are simply following the rules that the UK agreed to!

But more people voted against them...

And have done against any political party since WWII

So please tell us how you think that is democratic?

And while you are about it maybe you could explain why the think the following is democratic representation:

At the last election...
Each Tory MP required 43,000 votes
Each Labour MP required 49,000 votes
Each SNP MP required 28,000 votes
Each Green MP required 525,000 votes
And UKIP got no MP's for 595,000 votes
The other 19 teams in the Premiere League had a combined points total way above that of Manchester City, didn't stop them lifting the trophy, did it.

A softening of your outlook leading to the realisation of the futility of Brexit?

And btw...The EU didn't want Brexit - Brexiteers did!

Brexiteers just can't/won't understand that the EU are simply following the rules that the UK agreed to!

No. but in business you deliver big changes via smaller incremental projects. We don’t have to deliver brexit in one go.

I don’t know why the remainers are so gleeful- May’s plan was a damn good compromise. We migh now crash out having paid 3 year’s membership fee with nothing to show.

smaller incremental projects

Ah, the concept of the incremental resignation.

Last time you incrementally resigned from your job, did the salary stop getting paid incrementally? Did you incrementally stop agreeing to follow your employer's instructions before or after you incrementally stopped going to work?

Or did you perhaps resign, and then try to agree terms for coming in part-time for reduced pay? Could you have done that if your employer didn't agree to part-time work? Which of your employer's rules would you have refused to follow on the days when you did go in? Did he agree that you could work in competition on Mondays and Fridays?

Did you decide what terms you hoped to agree, before you handed in your resignation? Or two years afterwards? Did it occur to you that you would need your employers agreement? Or did you think you could hand in your resignation, and then demand whatever you wanted, as and when such demands occurred to you?

Ah, the concept of the incremental resignation.

Last time you incrementally resigned from your job, did the salary stop getting paid incrementally? Did you incrementally stop agreeing to follow your employer's instructions before or after you incrementally stopped going to work?

Or did you perhaps resign, and then try to agree terms for coming in part-time for reduced pay? Could you have done that if your employer didn't agree to part-time work? Which of your employer's rules would you have refused to follow on the days when you did go in? Did he agree that you could work in competition on Mondays and Fridays?

Did you decide what terms you hoped to agree, before you handed in your resignation? Or two years afterwards? Did it occur to you that you would need your employers agreement? Or did you think you could hand in your resignation, and then demand whatever you wanted, as and when such demands occurred to you?
And what would you know about jobs? A bitter & twisted loner who resents anyone who has bettered themselves by working hard & EARNING money.

A bitter & twisted loner who resents anyone who has bettered themselves by working hard & EARNING money.

sorry to hear that's the reason why you're bitter and twisted. I often wondered what was the root of your problems.

I don’t know why the remainers are so gleeful- May’s plan was a damn good compromise. We migh now crash out having paid 3 year’s membership fee with nothing to show.
It was obvious that May's plan will not be acceptable.
For instance it is accessing the single market via the backdoor. Something which Barnier has already ruled out. Unless some membership fee is involved.
Plus if the EU decides that the facilitated customs arrangement is not feasible, it will get the proverbial rejection.

If goods are entering UK now, irrespective of where they are destined for, UK may charge a tariff depending on EU policy. Who keeps that tariff now? I assume the member country making the charge keeps that tariff.

With May's plan, UK will collect tariffs, according to EU policy, on goods destined for EU. Who will get to keep those tariffs then? Will they be passed on to EU? If the UK's tariff policy is different to the EU's, and the goods remain in UK, a different tariff will be charged. How can the exporter/importer possibly work out the costs/prices accurately of those goods? Suppose 75% go to EU and 25% from the same shipment remain in UK and different tariffs are applied, how can the manufacturer properly allocate costs, and if they do, will it mean difference in prices for those goods?

Then there is the ECJ. "You will pay regard to the rulings, except the ones that you will not pay due regard to?"
Then there is the question, "you will accept the regulations, including future regulations, except the ones you decide not to accept?" That'll work. :rolleyes:
I see trouble ahead.

I suspect that the real reason the government wants out is so that they are not bound by such regulations as clean air, etc.
If we stay in, I see further trouble ahead.

obnoxious old curmudgeon

yep, that's you

A bitter & twisted loner who resents anyone who has bettered themselves by working hard & EARNING money.

a lot of millennials had the opportunity to vote, but as usual they were too busy moaning & needing this that or the other that they didn't vote.Still, not their fault, they're blameless & shameless. Many plumbers left school with O levels, they then went on to pass various other exams to get where they are. Why should some waste of space needy nobody, with possibly just a Non Valid Qualification to their name have the right to complain? The way you deride plumbers is shameful, what have you ever done in your worthless sorry life, except moan about people who went out, got qualified & grafted for what they have , & deserve to keep?

stupid leftie twunt.

has your dementia rendered you incapable of finishing a sentence ?

bitter and resentful, that's you.

Full of hate.

Sponsored Links
Back