Debit card oddity

guess you have missed the 3 or 4 warnings over this winter which isnt finished yet about the grid being at absolute limit and asking people not to use power .
We now have the push for consumers to use more electric and ditch gas when we have situations throughout the country were we cant build more houses do to no grid capacity .
Ticking time bomb

So which option would you prefer - one of certain users with SM's being bribed to reduce consumption, or whole areas suffer total loss of power. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Smart Meters, rather something which can be facilitated by SM's.

Sponsored Links
So which option would you prefer - one of certain users with SM's being bribed to reduce consumption, or whole areas suffer total loss of power. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Smart Meters, rather something which can be facilitated by SM's.
im not bothered with either option merely point out to you what can happen with smart meters and its not just bribed to reduce it can also be penalised for actually using

Yet more silliness. No reason to keep or top up a generator and how you equate that need with Smart Meters, beats me. Baffling!

Smart Meters are just dumb meters, with the ability added to communicate their reading to you and back to the supplier. Did you create all this kerfuffle when you originally had to have a dumb meter?

I originally replied to a quote about the possibility, however remote, of smart phones being able to curtail, limit or dictate spending. I reasoned that the same is possible with smart meters with the ability to control customers' consumption without their say so. The fact this has already happened with the carrot of some free money to placate energy consumers proves my case. The carrot, voluntary by nature: tomorrow the stick - no choice or say in the matter. I'm sorry this was over your head.

The carrot, voluntary by nature: tomorrow the stick - no choice or say in the matter. I'm sorry this was over your head.

It wasn't over my head, it was simply that it's a silly idea given to conspiracy theorists. Spend and consumption has always been able to be controlled, though more coarsely. Market forces have always been able to control supply and demand very effectively, I see no real difference.

Sponsored Links
No - not months, unless you walk around with months worth of cash in your pocket, and few do that.
what are you talking about we are talking about how quick metering companies can get accurate readings from a dumb meter when prices change .

what are you talking about we are talking about how quick metering companies can get accurate readings from a dumb meter when prices change .

For a change, you are correct - I only read the title of the thread and assumed it was still on thread. My mistake, sorry.

todays cash usage £30 gift card for hairdressers , £21 bit of shopping , £17 breakfast with couple of mates in Spoons , £25 part for boiler , £3 for 5 a side football ,.....Card purchase Zero
Todays cash usage £4 for 6 chicken wings, chips and a Pepsi. Todays phone purchase on Apple pay ……….

8D134945-755D-49ED-8319-6FF783B490E3.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm just a bit concerned about this general apathy towards a remote control society , because in the not too distant future peoples lives will be dictated by algorithms/logarithms and not based on real peoples experiences of real life! I see it infiltrating every aspect of life if left unchecked.

In short supply, they won't turn off the whole grid, they'll simply disconnect smart meter customers at the click of a mouse.
Less complaints to deal with.

Years back I used to play pool in the pubs and you'd put your 2 x 20p or whatever in the slot. Someone was telling me even some pool tables are now card payment only, is this true?

Sponsored Links
Back