Defense Minister talks about Conscription

We could compare notes on writing style.
Frankly your lying and I don't know why you would cast such aspertions, very odd from you.

Sponsored Links
We could compare notes on writing style.
Frankly your lying and I don't know why you would cast such aspertions, very odd from you.
You have no style and extensively use quotes from wikipedia to cover your tracks.
Frankly, you're full of ****.

More lies very rarely revert to Wikipedia.
Sticky wicket struggling to get out of the bed you made for yourself.
Name these two put a slur on their character while your at it.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
When a government is in difficulty they sometimes look for an external threat to distract attention.
Although the idea of being conscripted and being sent to die in a ditch in Russia , might be a more effective deterent to illegal immigration than sending people to Rwanda.

It would be interesting to know what the criteria for conscription would be in this future Citizen army.
Who would and who wouldn't be eligible for conscription, what about non British nationals living and working in the UK?.
Would politicians be required to enlist or would they be exempt.
What would the penalty be for refusing to serve.
Unless there is widespread public support, i can't see it being practical.
Conscription was introduced in America for the Vietnam war, it wasn't very fair to certain groups while others were able to dodge conscription quite easily.

It would be interesting to know what the criteria for conscription would be in this future Citizen army.
Who would and who wouldn't be eligible for conscription, what about non British nationals living and working in the UK?.
Would politicians be required to enlist or would they be exempt.
What would the penalty be for refusing to serve.
Unless there is widespread public support, i can't see it being practical.
Conscription was introduced in America for the Vietnam war, it wasn't very fair to certain groups while others were able to dodge conscription quite easily.

A number of us presidents from both parties blatantly dodged the vyetnam draft. Trumpf included (dodgy toe iirc) but he was happy to conduct a full character assassination of people like john mcain.

Apparently the army is under strength, hopefully they won't make the same mistake the Americans made when they had the same problem.

"Macnamara's Morons".

Last edited:
Britain had a citizen at the beginning of WW1.
750000 volunteered within 8 weeks.
The recruiting offices were under siege by people who wanted to get over to Europe before the war ended.
It was supposed to be a "it will be all be over by Christmas" jobbie.
Britain was used to colonial wars, turkey shoots, were the natives were used for target practice.
They didn't learn the lessons of the Boer war.
By the time the volunteers realised that when they were told that the war would be over by Christmas, they weren't told what year that Christmas would be in.

Sponsored Links
Back