delayed swirching on spots

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
does anybody know where I can get some kind of delay switch thing to fit to 3 / 4 pairs of halogen spots so that they come on in stages i.e. first pair, 1/2 second gap; second pair, half second gap, and so on.. till they are all on?
thanks
jelboy

Sponsored Links
its not really a problem - just a design thing
we have a v small down stairs wc that needs lighting and we are trying to make it funky so we thought a bank of spots coming on 1 after the other might be cool..

put some colour changing led lamps in there, nothing exiting required and cheaper than your idea, or put in a fridge and leave the door open, that will be cool

Sponsored Links
Merlin gerin make small din rail mounted delay timers, adjustable between fractions of a second to hours

Go for the digital as ones like the mechanical mk ones appear to be noisy.
For delay on
You would need to have them wired into the relevent switchlines, they would proberly need a neutral as well.

Delay off would also need a permanent live in addition to the other wires.

Kids will love the challenge of trying to get to the bottom of the stairs before the last light comes on ... Don't forget, though, that most A&E departments are struggling to meet a 4 hour target at the moment :LOL:

MW

It would be easier to use a small dimmer pack (Maybe 4 way?) and some sort of very basic lighting desk with just 2 scenes set into it.

I could easily do what you want with some dimmers and my lighting desk, but it might be a bit big for your bathroom.

Kids will love the challenge of trying to get to the bottom of the stairs before the last light comes on ... Don't forget, though, that most A&E departments are struggling to meet a 4 hour target at the moment :LOL:

MW
You have stairs in a "very smalll WC"? :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back