demolition

I'v never used a mini-excavator before. How much damage can it do? And, second, is it easy to operate? Will I be able to just jump in and start knocking the walls down?

Sponsored Links
mrbadger said:
Deluks said:
Another idea, is there any materials that can be re-used? Windows, doors, steelwork, timber etc. You could probably get a few quid for it at a scrapyard. Or alternatively store it elsewhere (pals property, storage unit, lock up) and reuse them on your next property, if indeed you are intending to rebuild.
There's a smart bloke! The thing is, if I strip the place then she'll get her claws into it as assets (especially the fittings, appliances and so on). So, i'll have to take out a few things that will be worth something/can be used again, but not so much as to make it obvious. It will need a bit of thought, though.

Get a few skips in and get the bulk of the rubble cleared. Then you keep quiet about your 'stash' and say it all went in the skips.

So she's living with another geezer, and the kids are with them. As long as they (the kids) are alright that's what matters. Like the Who song. :cool:

The skips will work a treat.

I'll have to think about what I can get out - the fridge, the telly, some of the better furniture. I'll have a word with the neighbour - he hated her and I can stash some stuff in his cellar.

It's a good telly as well - big flat screen, all the bells and whistles. Maybe I'll get an old telly and smash it up in the rubble - that should be good enough.

You could go a bit further, and have some kind of 'accidental' chemical spillage on the land, thus reducing it's resale value, although you'll probably get done.

All this could backfire though, she may be able to claim extra child maintenance if she has to rent somewhere to live. Even though she's not renting she could say she is and you'll have to fork out more each month.

Sponsored Links
Deluks said:
You could go a bit further, and have some kind of 'accidental' chemical spillage on the land, thus reducing it's resale value, although you'll probably get done.

All this could backfire though, she may be able to claim extra child maintenance if she has to rent somewhere to live. Even though she's not renting she could say she is and you'll have to fork out more each month.
:eek: bloody hell - have you done this before?

mrbadger said:
I'v never used a mini-excavator before. How much damage can it do? And, second, is it easy to operate? Will I be able to just jump in and start knocking the walls down?

question 1: lots

question 2: relativly and even more damage if your crap with it, youll soon learn!

mrbadger said:
Deluks said:

:eek: b****y hell - have you done this before?

Never been married. Not that stupid :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

question 1: lots

question 2: relativly and even more damage if your rubbish with it, youll soon learn!

That's that sorted, then. just got to make sure I don't bring the whole thing down on my head...

Deluks said:

Yeah, well, if you ever do (in a moment of weakness) get one of those pre-nuptial agreements!

Snakes with t*ts, the lot of them.

Deluks said:
mrbadger said:
Deluks said:

:eek: b****y hell - have you done this before?

not all marriages are crap. ;)

not a bit biased and bitter in any way are we by any chance?

oh just a small vibe i picked up. i know you wont believe me now, but dont go down the road of beleiving all women are the same. It will end up consuming your life and make you a very bitter, sad, twisted and lonely person. I went through a really really bad time with an absolute cow, but you do get over it all in time and there are some absolutley fantastic ones out there! ;)

Thermo said:
oh just a small vibe i picked up. i know you wont believe me now, but dont go down the road of beleiving all women are the same. It will end up consuming your life and make you a very bitter, sad, twisted and lonely person. I went through a really really bad time with an absolute cow, but you do get over it all in time and there are some absolutley fantastic ones out there! ;)

Cheers, mate. I'll try to remember that.

First I'll rip the sodding thing down, though, and send her a photo of me p*ssing all over the rubble.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back