DENTISTS CHARGES

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dentist charges are increasing every month and getting to the point where-- most people who are not unemployed/or claiming benefits are finding it tough to keep up with them.
How do they justify their prices ???.

Sponsored Links
Whilst I agree that the charges are high, NHS dentists charge a fixed rate agreed by Government. Many on benefits are exempt from paying. Its the low paid not on benefits who suffer and that includes pensioners who are not exempt.

Hard to find a NHS dentists in lots of areas--and when /if you do-- what they have to offer is very basic indeed.
NHS dentists just relieve pain and do the cheapest treatment- despite what the end result looks like .
For people who have lost teeth - NHS will 'fill the gap' as simple and cheap as possible.
Private dentists --really are a joke (especially my dentist) . £40 for a check up another £40 for a clean. £350 for a crown, £120-150 for a white filling .
Even charged me £35 to pop a crown back in-- after it fell out after 12 months .Took him 5 mins . :evil:

Hard to find a NHS dentists in lots of areas--and when /if you do-- what they have to offer is very basic indeed.
NHS dentists just relieve pain and do the cheapest treatment- despite what the end result looks like .
For people who have lost teeth - NHS will 'fill the gap' as simple and cheap as possible.
Private dentists --really are a joke (especially my dentist) . £40 for a check up another £40 for a clean. £350 for a crown, £120-150 for a white filling .
Even charged me £35 to pop a crown back in-- after it fell out after 12 months .Took him 5 mins . :evil:

NHS dentists do everything that private dentists do....crowns, white fillings etc. They dont just relieve pain at all!

Sponsored Links
Hey Peter, mate - you are a multi-millionaire - so why are you complaining? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well- maybe rises every month is a bit exagerated-- it just seems like it though.
In answer to joe- yes Joe-- I CAN afford the charges -- but - there will be lots of people on low wages who cant afford them.
£300 for a crown !! that is more money than lots of people take home in 1 week --and sometimes 2 weeks . How on earth can they afford it ?.
The basic treatment can add up considerably if it has to be paid for .
Something has to give.

The people on benefits who complain they dont get enough-- probably dont take all the free dental treatment , free prescriptions, bus passes(?), specs etc etc into account .

Regarding millionairs -- they dont get to be millionairs by paying over the odds and throwing their money away --do they ?.

NHS dentists do everything that private dentists do....crowns, white fillings etc. They dont just relieve pain at all!

Try getting a crown on NHS-- and see how much it costs .

The NHS dentist I use wanted £200 for an half a crown(must be as rare as hens teeth) on a molar I said in that case just pull the tooth out,the reply was its not that bad,so I didn't have the crown either.

I did, and I have.

My dentist retired so I registered with an NHS dentist and had a crown fitted, cost less than £200, and that was including the initial checkup after registering, and the usual scale and polish.

NHS dentists are easy to find now ,couple of years back were extremely rare and i was travelling 15 miles to one but around my way anyways there plenty.

Three levels of charges and the most you can pay for a treatment plan (more than one visit to sort problem so for me was stop pain and temp fill, root canal, measure crown ,fit crown choice of gold or white.

Came to £205 or something clse which I didn't think wa too bad.

Well, the solution is to increase the number of dentists. One way of doing that is to permit overseas dentists to work here.

Of course, local dentists don't like that. Just like local bricklayers don't like foreign bricklayers coming in from overseas and bringing down the cost of services.

It's a funny olde world.

Well, the solution is to increase the number of dentists. One way of doing that is to permit overseas dentists to work here.

It's the quality of dentist that's more of a concern. My brilliant nhs dentist retired and his practice went private and it is now owned and run by a useless foreign twit and his wife. They're just out to fleece us :evil:

I found another nhs practice in the town with an equally useless foreign dentist so I can't see how having foreign dentist will help when two out two I've been treated by are carp.

Sponsored Links
Back