Derbyshire Police Being Over Zealous. Again.

Why do they need quotas?
Targets are important for all roles in order to measure performance against objectives. The targets need to be smarter so that plod aren’t temped to stick a FPN on when they should be using judgment. The fines mostly don’t go to plod and the cost of processing fines takes up vast amounts of resources particularly when they are appealed. The real damage is the relationship with the public. This all started in the late 90s when legislators snuck in changes to laws to allow more automated processing of fines and leveraging civil penalties (e.g ASBOs). Some of these have been reversed fortunately. Sadly, the only way to keep forces focused is to restrict funding. I remember the years under labour when police forces were able to partner with all sorts to raise revenue, for questionable activities. Fortunately those incentives are now gone.

Sponsored Links
we have to carry on with life and take our own risks as a society.

our OWN risks but the risk is to other people if you are spreading the virus,

How would you feel if there was a person with a gun in the street taking pot shots with bullets instead of virus laden droplets..

Whose risk is it then, the person with the gun or the innocent people that get a bullet in them

Sponsored Links
It's guidance for the cognitively challenged on how to keep within the law.
Useful for blond bimbos and forum dumbos alike.

There in black and white. It really could not be any simpler, even the letters are not joined.

It's not about "protecting the NHS", nor is it about "saving lives".
It's about compliance, pure and simple.

If I thought for one minute my being out, alone, fifteen miles from home on my bike was a risk to myself or anyone else , I wouldn't do it.
But it isn't.

If the government (and, by extension, the rozzers) want to slow the spread of the virus, they'll police people being in close proximity to each other ; be that in the supermarkets, the town centres, the school gates and, yes, parks and beauty spots if need be.
All the current bollogs is achieving is making the sensible resentful, the anxious more so , and having little effect on the flagrant pizz-takers.

Last edited:
How would you feel if there was a person with a gun in the street taking pot shots with bullets instead of virus laden droplets..

Don't worry too much, Bernie. The Corona bullets only claim 0.4 % as victims. Most will feel nothing and many will only get a scratch. Of course, with your analogy you haven't factored in all those who will die because their cancer or heart problems, etc either haven't been diagnosed or treated.

You can't keep having lockdowns and closing society down. It doesn't work, because the virus is there, waiting for you when you emerge from behind the settee.

On the bright side, the government appear to have cured seasonal flu with their 'stats'. :cautious:

Targets are important for all roles in order to measure performance against objectives. The targets need to be smarter so that plod aren’t temped to stick a FPN on when they should be using judgment. The fines mostly don’t go to plod and the cost of processing fines takes up vast amounts of resources particularly when they are appealed. The real damage is the relationship with the public. This all started in the late 90s when legislators snuck in changes to laws to allow more automated processing of fines and leveraging civil penalties (e.g ASBOs). Some of these have been reversed fortunately. Sadly, the only way to keep forces focused is to restrict funding. I remember the years under labour when police forces were able to partner with all sorts to raise revenue, for questionable activities. Fortunately those incentives are now gone.

I don't disgaree with much of that but that seems counter intuitive.

When you want to leave it to Plods judgement then it becomes subjective, some people get lucky, others less so which then leads us back to the Police then telling their officers to adhere to rules even when as you suggest leaving it to personal judgement would lead to a more equitable outcome.

It boils down to training and resources, I would want our Police to have more freedom to use their judgement, judgement that they have been trained to improve and maintain. Not just we will leave it up to you without training and backup.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55522825

Policeman buys family food instead of arresting them for shoplifting

Its not their judgement as individuals, its reminding them that their actions are accountable to public judgement and they should consider that when deciding whether to proceed or not. Almost all offences covered by the charging standard (CPS rules and guidelines) apply a "public interest test". https://www.cps.gov.uk/publication/code-crown-prosecutors

They are trained to take account of the above and untimely apply judgement.

It is there as a safeguard to avoid prosecutions for technical breaches due to wording of specific law. For example arriving at a crossing after a car in another lane and pulling away first within the zig zags is a technical offence. They police by consent and if the public don't support them, they have no consent.

Sadly police forces cannot be trusted to stick to their remit sensibly. Its the nature of being human that people will come up with all sorts of ruses to game their targets. One of the best ways to prevent this, is to limit resources so that they must be prioritised.

In other news police won't attend a shoplifting of <£50. Poundland get robbed many times a day to the value of about £40. Same people doing their daily "shopping".

Just can't make this up. Police sitting together in a cafeteria, no masks, no social distancing and drinking coffee - in a tier 4 area. They don't even follow the rules themselves. And people still think this is about a virus.

See them get confronted by a member of the public at 3.45 on here -

But it's ok, because they "work hard". Yes, work hard at collecting fines from other people who get caught out by their draconian rules. Welcome to the police state!

EDIT> Looks like even Johnson can't be bothered to stick to the rules.

Last edited:
Why do there always seem to be so many of them together?

EIGHT WITHOUT MASKS to confront one woman.

They all appear to have guns - dangerous work.

It's like those in authority don't think covid is as serious as it is made out to be.

upload_2021-1-12_14-28-4.png

Sponsored Links
Back