Deutsche Bank Cuts 18,000 jobs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
...and not a word about Brexit being to blame - even by the usual suspects on here. There’s even talk of opening a new headquarters in London. How refreshing.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-cuts-restructuring-asia-london-business-live

Lol, do you actually know about Deutsche woes? Its been a decade in the making, trying to be an Investment bank but it couldnt control its costs.

As to the new HQ. They signed a 25 yr lease and they will definitely look at renegotiating that as its way more space than they need.

But do carry on regardless.

A thoroughly corrupt bank with a very dubious past, funny how the Beeb have mentioned none of it.

Sponsored Links
Well, they did say ...

"Deutsche Bank (DBKGn.DE) said on Monday it would move assets from London to Frankfurt after Britain’s planned exit from the European Union next year, in line with demands from British and EU regulators." Reuters, SEPTEMBER 17, 2018

It's probably just putting a positive spin on closing down a massive part of the business. Maybe they support Brexit, want us out so we cannot interfere with their plans!
Saying it is Brexit will hit share price as that is a negative reactionary reason, it will panic shareholders. But a proactive restructuring of a business to improve profits is always welcomed by shareholders and might improve confidence and help lift share price.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it.

I'm talking about the Radio 4 news bulletins when the story 1st broke...they glossed over the real problems with Deutsche and failed to mention much of their recent history eg. they were instrumental in the CDO market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back