DeWalt DCD778M2T-SFGB 18V 4.0 Combi Drill Question

Sponsored Links
you don't mean screws?

what size are they, and what are they for?

No, Bolts, I was impressed with my Brother in law's one which does bolt with a ratchet type attchement head. It also does screws . It was not a Dewalt though.

bolts of any importance need to be torqued down, I imagine you could adjust the torque setting on the drill, but I don't think the setting numbers have any particular calibration. An impact driver is more usual. Unless going into a casting or something, you need a spanner on the other end.

I drive hex-headed coach screws with mine, usually M6, for heavy outdoor work. It does tend to run the batteries down.

I have sockets that fit the drill attachment. Mine are 1/4" drive. They often come in kits with screwdriver bits. Wear is heavy so better ones are made in a hard steel alloy. I can't remember what it's called. edit: Chrome molybdenum alloy steel They are usually grey/black, not chromed.

CoachScrew.jpg NutDrivers.jpg

example https://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-hex-nut-socket-driver-bit-set-12-pieces/6432v

you can get cheaper Chrome Vanadium ones for use with a hand tool, throw them away when they show any sign of wear. Don't use plain carbon steel, it is not strong enough.
SocketRatchetSet.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back