DEWALT (vs. Makita) Cordless Drill Help Needed

I have makita drills but got the dcd796 on offer at screwfix for under £150 (now back on for £300). It has a similar run out at low speed (somewhere between the two) but not a problem at high speed for drilling or driving. There is a technique to driving a screw at high speed, as wobble in the chuck, drill body and screw is inevitable for beginners. Get a length of 2x4 and practice with several hundred screws of different lengths. If it continues to be an issue buy a Makita.

Blup

Sponsored Links
i woud say they are fairly definitely made to a price for the diy market which in my mind is a good thing
you dont need high capacity batteries ' high impact'high revs' high torque 95% off the time in diy or light trade situations where the few seconds extra the odd task takes is off little or no consequence so excellent value
where as in heavy trade a tool that costs about twice the price will pay for its self in as little 1 long job or a 6 months to a year off saved time as a few seconds saved is far more important than the cost over time

also whats the point in a diyer paying for the heavy trade tool that will outlast several generations off being past down when battery will fail and be non compatable so a dead tool
when the diy rated tool will last at least 2 generations and and still have some use till the battery dies :D
as an aside with 2x5ah batteries this is amazing value with same 776 drill for the extra 20 squid[would normally be 50- 60 more]??
https://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-d...i-ion-xr-brushless-cordless-combi-drill/906kv

The problem, as I see it, is that tradesmen end up unwittingly buying inferior quality tools at a relatively small discount. If Dewalt want to court the DIY market, perhaps they should launch a DIY range, eg Bosch's green PH range.

I am not talking about drills that have slightly less torque or a slower spin speed, I am talking about tools made with inferior materials. I think it is less than honest and potentially risks alienating potential customers. By way of an example, the first Makita tool that I purchased was an angle grinder. The power cable was stupidly short, i.e. DIY short. Makita saved 50p(?), I am less inclined to buy another corded Makita unless I can see how long the flex is first.

Sponsored Links
The problem, as I see it, is that tradesmen end up unwittingly buying inferior quality tools at a relatively small discount. If Dewalt want to court the DIY market, perhaps they should launch a DIY range, eg Bosch's green PH range.

I am not talking about drills that have slightly less torque or a slower spin speed, I am talking about tools made with inferior materials. I think it is less than honest and potentially risks alienating potential customers. By way of an example, the first Makita tool that I purchased was an angle grinder. The power cable was stupidly short, i.e. DIY short. Makita saved 50p(?), I am less inclined to buy another corded Makita unless I can see how long the flex is first.
they are the same group as black and decker

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back