Did I flood my own toilet?

A couple of days ago one of the kids told me that the downstairs loo was not flushing properly. He was right,

Today, I get home from work and smell a wet toilet carpet sort of smell upstairs. This is what I find in the upstairs WC:

. This toilet is hardly used, it's in the spare room.
Carpet in a toilet:unsure: kids sneaking in and using it , ****ing+Missing?;)

Sponsored Links
I did think that, but then, it'd be everywhere!

Could be a case of downstairs blocked so kids use upstairs and blockage in stack below causes upstairs to brim over before draining away!

Well, I got my hand round the back and he felt the inlet pipe, and it was a little wet to touch. So, probably just a leak. But a pain to fix as need to rip out that cover. Have shoved towel in there for now!

Sponsored Links
Need a new fill valve. Leak got worse today, but I managed to find the isolation valve ...

upload_2017-7-10_20-0-59.png

even better for using to take your frustration out on the offending float valve...op's done really well , saved money on call out charge and of course the value added t'axe..sorry couldn't resist it !!

And after some action with the ax (and a mallet, and a large screw driver) I had to fashion this tool to turn the valve, which was facing the wall!

I really should get some new tools!

This photo better shows what the ax achieved - the wooden casing was put together with nails. Barratt Homes obviously have a lot of faith in the longevity of their plumbing!

19958970_10155553712573980_79709380908651114_n.jpg

Oh no! I can see them ... I will attach both again, maybe that'll fix it ....

tool.jpg loo broke.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back