Dimmable LED lights: GU10s or shallow panel?

How do these work? Do they radiate heat out the front? (Like PAR16s might do?)

Any links to dimmable products that can work?

Also will the fire hood help keep in the insulation from being a problem assuming I use good quality bulbs?
Aurora make the M10/M7 which are 10 and 7 watts respectively (where did they get the names?!) come with plug and play ends. They also have insulation caps so you can cover them with insulation.

Or, I think they still make standard fittings that can have the insulation caps fitted and Enlite (another Aurora brand) make brilliant LED GU10 lamps

Sponsored Links
The problem becomes particularly arduous to deal with when a large number of LEDs (or a few powerful ones) are crammed into a small package, such as an MR16.

In your opinion or from what you have read, would the situation be worse in a 240v volt lamp than a 12 volt lamp, im quessing it would

Voltage is irrelevant, as I'm talking about LEDs, and despite what is applied across the terminals of the lamp package they all only want a few volts across them.

But they are by their nature the proud owners of negative temperature coefficients of resistance, and that can so easily tip over into thermal runaway.

The point I was making was that the absolutely vital need to get rid of even the small amount of heat they generate becomes harder to do when you package one powerful emitter (e.g. one of Cree's products), or a bunch of small ones into a confined envelope such as an MR16.
And if Winston starts banging on about that term I swear I will track down the site owner's children and hold them ransom until he tells me where Winston lives.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back