Dimmer switch query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a 2 gang switch for two sets of lighting in my kitchen/diner. I intend to have a low voltage lighting track which states is not dimmable, and another 4 spot mains halogen light which is dimmable. The two arrangements suit me but my question is do I have to have two separate light switches now, one a normal single gang for the non dimmable light, and the second a single dimmer for the second light? Because the light switch is between two door frames, to have two seperate plates would mean one on top of the other which would look daft.

Any advice please?

Sponsored Links
gridswitch is very expensive option. Better just to have 2 switch plates if cost is an issue. Places like B&Q do a vast range of decorative, modern switches now. Its finding them on the shelf thats the problem ;)

Sponsored Links
It may seem a daft question but is not possible to install a double dimmer but just not dim the set of lights that shouldn't be dimmed or do dimmers not work like that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back