Disable Buzzer On Door Entry Audio Handsets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings,

I'm a shift worker that's been woken by these stupid buzzers for too long now. This happens both during the day, when I am trying to sleep and during the night, on my days off. These handsets are ridiculously loud, penetrating walls and earplugs. I've had enough and found a solution...

This website has an extensive list of different audio handsets and most importantly includes the different "Call" wire terminals, as they differ from model to model: http://www.intercomsrus.com/intercom_handset_finder_tool.htm

The good news was my handset is easy to crack open and I could silence it by removing the "Call" wire (number 7 in my diagram below). The bad news was this meant it would never buzz even if I wanted it to and is a less than perfect solution.

So I have a new idea. Many of these handsets come with what they call an "Auxiliary Button" and I want to see if I can make this into a makeshift "Privacy Button".

BPT-YC-200.jpg

(coloured wires may be different)

Has anyone tried this? Did it work? Can you make any suggestions or give any tips?

Sleep well,
Matthew Bester

Sponsored Links
Drill hole 6mm on side of handset and fit toggle switch ....this is what I fit on the yc200 handset

Attachments

• D2770325-83B0-4CD0-B081-60DD69A0DC46.png
    D2770325-83B0-4CD0-B081-60DD69A0DC46.png
    397.3 KB · Views: 421
Sponsored Links
Drill hole 6mm on side of handset and fit toggle switch ....this is what I fit on the yc200 handset
This looks perfect and was just the sort of reply I was hoping for. So cheap too!

I am guessing that I wouldn't need to use that auxillary button for this? Should I bypass that and wire directly to the toggle switch and terminal 7 (Call) instead?

Howdy,

Did this work even tho the handsset buzzer is tone generated?

How does terminal 7 work? Does it send voltage to the handset? I’m trying to work out if I can get a get signal from it to trigger a relay?

Does any one think that is possible?

Thanks for any help. :)

Last edited:
Hello,

Yes, it’s the same. Bpt yc/200, the
Agata C200 also works as I think it’s the replacement.

Thanks for any help. (y)

5 Ground
7 Call input from entry panel
8 Audio FROM entry panel
9 Audio TO entry panel

Nice thanks. (y)(y)(y):)

Strange question, not related to original one, but out of all those terminals 5, 6, 7, 8

There is no door release terminal, is it doing something cleaver on the PCB, although there not much on it. So how is it doing the door release?

Thanks for any help in advance. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back