Disable Buzzer On Door Entry Audio Handsets

Can you post a picture of your handset internal pcb as I think the system may not be what you think ....it may be a tynetec system

Sponsored Links
3D668F99-5150-40BF-89DE-4B34796D66E9.png

Jumping, did you get this working?

I'm interested in doing something similar myself (ie have a relay alert me that the buzzer has sounded, even if I am away from home), so I'm keen to hear your ideas.

Sponsored Links
Well, at the moment, its a BPT AS C-200, but I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem with it at the moment (see another thread), and if it turns out I can't rectify that problem, I will change it to a BPT Agata C-200.

Easy! I have already highjack this post. Hahaha. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::);)

I haven’t had a chance to try it yet. But I will do shortly.

But sparkymarka is a legend and has been on it all the way through. Thank you sparkymarka! :)(y)

Will let you know when I have completed it tho. As it will be amazing if the relay works because then there are endless possibilities! (y):D

Last edited:
I see. okay, so what implications does that have for the following problem? :

I have a BPT audio intercom system which comprises:

one Agata C-200UK receiver unit (in the hallway),
one A/200N controller unit (in the garage), and
one HA/200 audio module (at the gate).

It worked with no problems for many years, until 2 years ago, when you (Sparkymarka) helped me diagnose a problem requiring a new HA/200 module, after which it has worked perfectly again until about a week ago.

The current fault is that there is no buzzer heard (either at the entry panel or at the receiver unit in the hallway) when the gate switch is pressed. Rather than a buzzer, you can just hear some very quiet electrical static. It is not the gate switch, as when I short the wires to this, the same happens. All other functions continue to work ie, if I lift the receiver "phone", I can communicate with someone at the gate fine - the only problem is that I don't know to lift the phone in the first place, because I don't hear the buzzer.

I had assumed that there was a buzzer in the HA/200 audio module which was heard both there, at the gate, and also heard (via the microphone at the gate) at the receiver unit - but if there is no buzzer, then I don't really know where to go from here.

Do you have any ideas?

Ratten.

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/trouble-shooting-a-bpt-audio-intercom.546775/#ixzz7SFmPxxa2

Faulty receiver switch in handset ….? Broken or damaged ring wire ….my first step would be try another handset ….

I already tried changing the handset - the original one on the wall when this problem arose was an AS C-200, and I changed it over the weekend to the Agata C-200UK, but I have the same problem.

Which is the ring wire, and how would I test for damage to it?

Thanks in advance.

Okay, I've done a bit of testing:

At the receiver unit in the hallway, terminal 7 has a resting voltage of zero volts, which increases to 5.5 V when the buzzer is pressed. (This is exactly the same behaviour that it exhibited before this problem started, other than the fact that there is no audible buzz, and there is only static heard).
If I manually APPLY a 6 V DC voltage to terminal 7, again, I just get static, and no buzz.

This happens with both my old AS C-200, and my brand new Agata C-200UK, which makes me think that it is unlikely that the problem is at the receiver end.

I have checked the voltage at terminal 21, in case there is a supply problem, but this is 11 V, just as it was before this problem started.

The microphones and loudspeakers at both the receiver unit and the HA/200 seem to work fine for voice audio – it is just the inability (seemingly at both ends!) to produce a buzz which seems to be the problem. Do you think that the voltage which generates the tone is modulated in some way that is not picked up by my multimeter?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back