Discrete 240v mains socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I am looking for a solution for the following. We are having an Orangery lantern fitted to an extension. I would like to install a 240v socket at ceiling level on a wall adjacent to the lantern for Christmas lights etc.

I need a double socket that is fairly discrete, or that has some form of cover over it.

Has anyone seen a product like this or have any other ideas for a neat solution.

Kind Regards

Matt Houldsworth

Sponsored Links
Floor sockets generally have sprung cover flaps that cover the outlets when not in use, but a double socket is physically quite large and will be difficult to hide no matter what you do. Perhaps you could fit a Klik ceiling rose and then make up a short lead with a 2x 13A trailing socket on the end that you only plug into the rose at christmas?

Thanks, floor sockets would be just the ticket. Walls will be painted so I could paint the flap the same colour.

Won't be invisible but less intrusive than a normal socket.

Thanks again

Matt

Is the 13 amp socket going to be wired from the lighting circuit;
or from a proper socket circuit?

Sponsored Links
What 13A issue?

?????????

Lighting circuit shouldn't have a socket on it, 13 amp appliance could be used issue.

The OP hasn't confirmed why he needs 13 amps, or if a double is used 2 x 13 amps

OP I take it you will take this point from a ring main or radial socket circuit, NOT from the lighting circuit !

yes it will come from the ring main NOT the lighing circuit

Sparky will be doing it not me, but I just want to find something that will blend into the walls and not be as noticable as a normal plastic socket

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back