disgrace - the only word for it

Sponsored Links
"Some are coming back from Afghanistan and choosing to sleep in tents in fields around the town rather than sleep back home, it has a great effect on their lives and mindset."
:eek: :eek:

"They refused, saying it was their policy not to allow any staff to wear any badge relating to any charity."

But I bet they have some sort of charity box in their stores! :evil:

I buy a poppy every year as a mark of respect to ALL our service men, past and present, and don't give a monkeys what charity it goes to so long as these men and women benefit from it.

WELL LETS HOPE THIS TRAVESTY GETS AS MUCH AIRTIME AS POSSIBLE AND THE BL00DY PLACE GOES T1TS UP,
although i do feel for the staff,i bet if they are asked about it,there probably up in arms behind the scenes.

Sponsored Links
Being sorry after the event don't wash with me with things like this. I wouldn't use this company again if they were in my area.

I was thinking yesterday about the tendency of organisations to get bigger, and of bosses to try to centralise control and introduce procedures to remove the need or opportunity for local staff to be independent.

I suppose if the Wormley branch had an employee who wanted to put a collecting tin for Palestinian Refugees on the counter, and someone in the Wensleydale branch wanted a tin for the Anglo Israeli friendship league, someone might just decide to ban all collecting tins, thus removing the need for arguments based on conflicting opinions of which charities were good and which were bad.

I heard yesterday that Italy had banned the wearing of religious symbols in schools. I was remembering that France did something similar when Moslem girls started wanting to wear simple headscarves. I am old enough to remember that French schools used to be littered with women wearing religious uniforms, but they used to be nuns and this was considered to be normal and praiseworthy. If you happened to be a non-Catholic you had to accept that your schooldays could get pretty nasty.

I'd bet 50p that the local manager was just trying to uphold rules that had been dumped on him by Head Office, because he knew that if he didn't do what he was told, his career would be short and inglorious.

Unprecedented demand this year.

Had a box of poppies and a collection jar on the counter, its been filled and replaced once. :eek: :D never known that before.

Daily Mail: Staff at 48 libraries were ordered to remove all poppy collection tins from counters - in the name of equality.

So it would have been OK if there was a collection tim for the Talibqan?

Fair makes my blood boil at just how pathertic some people in authority can be.

Sponsored Links
Back