Disney Tickets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am taking the family (all adults now) to Disney in Florida during April/May. All the brochures recommend buying the Disney tickets in advance before travelling. But I know that there are booths in Orlando which sell tickets. Does anyone have any experience as to whether it is cheaper to buy them before or after travelling?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I dont know if this is still the case, but when we went, there were a lot of fake tickets about. Buying them in advance from a travel agent etc, is therefore recommended.

I would rather be safe than sorry and book them in advance, whats a few more quid concidering what your paying to get there. ;)

It's actually cheaper to buy in advance but DON'T use travel agents.

We always use either ...

www.attractionticketsdirect.com who send the tickets to you over here

or

www.officialticketcenter.com where you pick them up in Orlando

Just look at both and go for the best price. If you plan on going again get Disney park tickets which don't expire ... Better value ... We always do this.

Another benefit of buying in advance is that they have different packages for UK visitors which aren't available on the gate ... They're tailored for 5, 7 and 10 day stays.

If you want loads of great disney related information visit the following addictive site ...

www.disboards.com

We go back for the 4th time in two weeks ... Yeeeeeha! :LOL:

Have a great time.

Sponsored Links
I have to ask, did you go in the giant "golf ball" (forgot which disney park)

Yes, it's in EPCOT and the ride is called Spaceship Earth ... Takes you on a docu-trip from stoneage to spaceage.

breezer said:
I have to ask, did you go in the giant "golf ball" (forgot which disney park)

Epcot.

Personally I've bought tickets on eBay and never had a problem. That goes for Orlando and EuroDisney.

As someone has pointed out though, there may be fake tickets about so you need to be careful. I have never had any problems though.

Also, if you decide to buy advance tickets and get them from one of the providers listed above, it could be worth buying a ten day pass even if you only intend using six or seven days. The reason being that if it only costs a few pounds more, you'll be able to sell the remaining days on eBay at a profit. It obviously requires a bit of research and is dependent on the price difference between ticket durations.

Enjoy your hols.

Fred.

FredFlintstone wrote:
Also, if you decide to buy advance tickets and get them from one of the providers listed above, it could be worth buying a ten day pass even if you only intend using six or seven days. The reason being that if it only costs a few pounds more, you'll be able to sell the remaining days on eBay at a profit.
Beware here as many of the newer tickets (and definitely those which don't expire) must be signed by the holder on the back and you need to produce a Photo ID at the gate.
I'd either buy what you need if you don't plan on returning or buy 10 days with a no expire option if you do.
If in doubt go for the latter as more people return than don't :LOL:

I finally signed up with the holiday package provider for the Disney Tickets. After some long sessions surfing the internet comparing ticket deals (both US and UK providers) there is practically little difference once P&P is included.

The variety and combinations of ticket deals must be a headache for those visiting Orlando for the first time. Fortunately, this is our third family holiday there and the 'kids' are now adults.

Doug99 said:
I am taking the family (all adults now) to Disney in Florida during April/May. All the brochures recommend buying the Disney tickets in advance before travelling. But I know that there are booths in Orlando which sell tickets. Does anyone have any experience as to whether it is cheaper to buy them before or after travelling?

Cheers

Buy them in your local Disney shop.

Doug99 Wrote:
The variety and combinations of ticket deals must be a headache for those visiting Orlando for the first time. Fortunately, this is our third family holiday there and the 'kids' are now adults.
Out of pure morbid curiosity ... If you've already been twice before ... Why did you need to pose the original question? :confused:
We go on Saturday ... Have a great time.

Oh yes, they didn't have tickets back then cos everyone knew each other :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back