Diversity gone mad

Sponsored Links
Good post. Well done. This is the sort of thread that JohnD, Gally, Lally, Notch and Nosey would never start. Never. Never. In. A. Million. Years.

Sponsored Links
Equality is what should count, ie the best qualified person for the job.
The Tory party throw any old dross into power these days. What's your 'life expectancy' as a Tory Cabinet Minister or Tory PM, these days?

You never hear the true blue Boris horn smokers mention the crap recruitment in their precious party. Never in a million.

Load of old barrel scraped, shít.

I know a retired professional footballer quite well. I don't think he's what you would call a 'household' name, but he enjoyed a very £££'s lucrative career & is currently doing quite well in retirement as a healthy 50+yr old.

In a chat about racism in football he once told me how his generation was the wave that had to accept that they'd be playing in a multi racial game. One thing that sticks in my mind is when he said "when the gaffer picks the team, the colour of your skin doesn't really matter".

If you know the truth behind Kara Hultgreen's death, then maybe you have a chance to understand that a "diversity" programme can never work in military aviation.

I do believe that people of all greeds and colours need to be encouraged to join the armed forces & police service. Yet to give a job to someone less qualified and on the basis of colour is as the title says.

It's maaaaadness

No problem with selecting candidate from under represented group if scores equally with white male. The problem is the theory is right but the practical application all wrong.

Blup

I do believe that people of all greeds and colours need to be encouraged to join the armed forces & police service. Yet to give a job to someone less qualified and on the basis of colour is as the title says.

It's maaaaadness
I think the reference to useless white males is to candidates who are useless and happen to be white, better to recruit competent people from under represented groups.

Blup

They would not have needed to compensate them in that case - This is clearly a comment that those recruited are "useless white males" in terms of diversity and inclusion statistics.

It's no different to people using the term "male, pale and stale". they cannot do anything about being male nor pale..

Positive discrimination just causes racism and resentment.

I think the reference to useless white males is to candidates who are useless and happen to be white, better to recruit competent people from under represented groups.

Blup

Your right. White candidates can also be usless

In the RAF, two junior ranks were and always have been LAC and SAC, Leading Aircraftsman and Senior Aircraftsman. They've been renamed now, to remove 'man' from the name.

In the RAF, two junior ranks were and always have been LAC and SAC, Leading Aircraftsman and Senior Aircraftsman. They've been renamed now, to remove 'man' from the name.
What, like 'pilot'?

Not a difficult adjustment.

Sponsored Links
Back