DIY training Centres

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone point to towards training centres in the midlands for learning trades for people who enjoy DIY, I would also like to possibly attend courses where City and Guilds can be acheived at weekends

Sponsored Links
pfenwick said:
Hi can anyone point to towards training centres in the midlands for learning trades for people who enjoy DIY, I would also like to possibly attend courses where City and Guilds can be acheived at weekends

city and guilds in diy, simple just write one out yourself, instant diy

I am not asking for a city & guild in DIY I am not that silly my post is asking training centres in the midlands that allow you train/learn towards a trade a skill for people who enjoy DIY

Perhaps you should start one.

The whole idea of DIY is DIY.

preumably it started because people could not afford professional trades peopl, so they went to the hardware shop to get some suff to see if they could do it, hence diy.

Now i may be wrong, but i dont think you will find such a place because diy covers every trade (almost) so the coures would have to be umpteen years long (assuming at weekends only)

think about it.

you can diy most things for the home , so what would they teach?

electrical.

today how to fit a plug, next time how to wire a switch, how to wire two swithes, you get my point? where would they stop, and that is only electrical

also bear in mind you may find fitting a plug easy, some people do not have a clue.

Sponsored Links
I understand what your saying its me not making myself clear.

I am looking for short courses like into:

plumbing, change valves/Rads/basic pipe bending

electrics, changing plugs, snagging, lighting,

Brick Work,

Wood work

probably more like short courses

Ok DIY not the correct term for me to use really, its more like short intro courses into a trade. there is a local company near us that does a 5 and 10 day plumbing course its NOT a qualification but gives an intro to the trade and the confidence to do most tasks, they advertise as a career change but no course can teach a profession in 5 - 10 days I know but short courses like this would give someone like me who enjoys DIY to get hands on practice so I would not flood my own room for example. And if these courses could lead on to an NVQ or C&G then great

pfenwick said:
I understand what your saying its me not making myself clear.

Ah, now i follow. Sory no idea (other than read books / read on line)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back