do bg operatives tell porky pies.

You may want to look at the oxford powermax incident BG were responsible for too. Makes interesting reading. . . . . .

yeah as the engineers were exconerated i feel that YOU should do the reading. of they were responsible they'd be taking it in the bum right now. :rolleyes:

NO. They couldn't prove which of the two engineers incorrectly adjusted the gas valve. THEY WERE NOT EXONERATED!

Both should be locked up for manslaughter imo.

i agree, on the evidence collected they were a pair of lazy gits who deserved everything they got. at least one should have got manslaughter. they got lucky not to have been convicted.

Sponsored Links
For once Nickso we can agree. You must be so proud to be part of such a great organisation.

Can we not have a sticky thread "BG vs. The World" And everytime One like this kicks of they can just go to it to finish arguments (not that they ever finish) instead of bickering on new peoples posts. It puts alot of people off using forums like this when they see stuff like that. (but it is fun to stir it up sometimes :evil: Just not in everyone elses threads)
SGM

Agree 100%, no specific company names should be used in any post to allow accurate, unbiased advice.

For once Nickso we can agree.

its the second time actually. :p

You must be so proud to be part of such a great organisation.

always got to have a dig though haven't you?

ive said before, im not at all proud to work for BG. ive never been proud to work for any of the dozen or so companies ive worked for, its just a job for people who give me money. i go about my job in a way that gets things fixed and gets a me a decent wage with minimal hassle and without conning people, pride has nothing to do with it.

what i dont like is people being factually incorrect about BG, or anything else for that matter. you are usually factually incorrect and rather emotional about BG. you also have no ability to say anything good about a company that has got good points.

Sponsored Links
Can we not have a sticky thread "BG vs. The World" And everytime One like this kicks of they can just go to it to finish arguments (not that they ever finish) instead of bickering on new peoples posts. It puts alot of people off using forums like this when they see stuff like that. (but it is fun to stir it up sometimes :evil: Just not in everyone elses threads)
SGM

Agree 100%, no specific company names should be used in any post to allow accurate, unbiased advice.

that wont work. in order to give accurate and unbiased advice about something specific to BG, or any company, you have no option but to name them.

Rather emotional? I don't see how. Factually incorrect-maybe sometimes.

Rather emotional? I don't see how.

of course you cant.

i say emotional because it seems you dont think about your vitriolic criticism of something that really shouldn't matter that much to you. you go out of your way to criticise them.

the only other person to do that is glazier, ive almost beaten it out of him now though.

Factually incorrect-maybe sometimes

:LOL:

It is useful in giving advice that we know who did the installation.

In this case I thought that it was standard practice on ALL British Gas boiler installations for the system to be power flushed and correctly inhibited.

I appreciate that in this case as all new rads were fitted perhaps that was not done as its often thought that the old copper pipes can never be blocked!

Nor do half the installers in the country think that new rads should be cleaned with X300 or equivalent.

Whatever was done then I think that BG, as the bastions of best practice, should have treated the system properly at installation and should not be charging for a power flush to be done now when any problem seems to have resulted from their incorrection installation or subsequent maintenance under the Contract.

Tony

I have to put right their f uckups on a regular basis and this infuriates me. When I worked there I took pride in my work, on my old patch (almost) all the good ones have left leaving the sicknotes, incompetents and salesmen. Good work at BG goes unrewarded, selling old grannies unnessecary overpriced shyte reaps the qdos points.

speak of the devils armpit.

In this case I thought that it was standard practice on ALL British Gas boiler installations for the system to be power flushed......

you think wrong.

Whatever was done then I think that BG, as the bastions of best practice......

when did they claim this accolade?

should have treated the system properly at installation and should not be charging for a power flush to be done now when any problem seems to have resulted from their incorrection installation or subsequent maintenance under the Contract.

1- we dont know if it was flushed on install.
2- we dont know enough about the system to say that it even needed one.
3- we dont know if it was installed incorrectly.
4- we dont know that subsequent maintenance is at fault. no doubt you will want to imply that inhibitor should have been reapplied by BG on an annual basis or somesuch nonsense. the contract does not provide this, it is the customers responsibility to inhibit the system or pay someone to do it for them, be that BG or a third party

ok so im wrong on the oxford incident, i'll do some more reading :oops: . however the blanket cursing of bg :oops: i do find tiresome.
as ive said before, ive seen some ****ing awful work done by smaller firms and one man bands, but i certainly do not tell my customers that you are all a b :oops: unch of incompetaent cowboys incapable of diagnosing a fault and preferring to install a new combi rather than changing a small cheap component or god forbid check the boiler is even set up correctly.

In just about all of their advertising campaigns I think.

In just about all of their advertising campaigns I think.

I have to put right their f uckups on a regular basis and this infuriates me. When I worked there I took pride in my work, on my old patch (almost) all the good ones have left leaving the sicknotes, incompetents and salesmen

i can understand that, no need to tar an entire company and thousands of employees for the sake of your patch issues though.

Good work at BG goes unrewarded, selling old grannies unnessecary overpriced shyte reaps the qdos points.

christ, two agreements in one thread. :eek:

i must sound like a broken record at TT's. not being rewarded for going out of my way to fix things properly is one of my major complaints.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back