Do Black Holes really Exist?

The answer to my little question about how many cards are there at noon is zero, for the very simple reason that whatever card you name will have been taken out.

Sponsored Links
The answer to my little question about how many cards are there at noon is zero, for the very simple reason that whatever card you name will have been taken out.

But surely that answer assumes that infinity is a number, rather than an abstract mathematical concept.

I think the answer in computer parlance is NaN (not a number).

Heck! I done all that calculations and formulas for absolutely Nothing! :cry:

Sponsored Links

But surely that answer assumes that infinity is a number, rather than an abstract mathematical concept.

I think the answer in computer parlance is NaN (not a number).
The paradox is that a "larger" infinity makes a "smaller" infinity equal to nothing. Zero itself is not really a number since it misbehaves in certain circumstances. However, God has created this and He understands wtf it all means ;) :LOL: :LOL:

what i was surprised was the fact i did try and work out how many possible cards there may be up to a point that may be considered almost an end of time to noon, as in your quiz, I went as far down as a yoctosecond.

so when i typed 540, with 24 zeros, it all fitted in one line and did not appear a large number in itself until I tried counting it down at a rate of 100 trillion bits per second, and that is where I was completely taken aback that it would take well over 171,115 years to count down at that phenomenal speed.

this was an eye opener as to how vast a number with 24 zeros can be. Just looking at a number written down on a paper with 24 zeros would look something that could be handled within hours with a fast computer, but apparently not so.

I still think i may have made a mistake somewhere.

There is a number which is so big that there isn't enough space in the observable universe to write it out, even if all of the digits were only the size of an atom.
It's called 'Grahams number' but maybe it's really gods phone number.

Well if there's not enough room to write down the original number you would have the same problem with that, so there is no point. And you call me a dimwit.

Well if there's not enough room to write down the original number you would have the same problem with that, so there is no point. And you call me a dimwit.
Sure do! So presumably there is room to write down one less than this number?

btw 19 is one less than 20, still has the same number of digits genius.
Aren't you supposed to be a maths teacher? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back