Do Black Holes really Exist?

What makes you presume that? Apart from being a presumptious pr*ck that is.
Well, it kind of depends on what the definition of what Graham's number is. Are you saying that there are numbers smaller than Graham's number that still can't be written down in the observable universe? In which case, what's so special about this one? Your original post seems to imply that Graham's number is the first to fit the bill, hence the obvious follow questions.

Sponsored Links
May be we could use compression technology and fit the number within the universe, might just work as it does with computer data compression.

OK here is a quiz for you guys and it took me just 5 minutes to device this quiz and work out two different ways to construct a formula to work out mathematically.

there are 32 Towns in a country, each town needs to be linked directly with all other towns, so no vias, so how many motorway links are needed to construct?

May be we could use compression technology and fit the number within the universe, might just work as it does with computer data compression.

OK here is a quiz for you guys and it took me just 5 minutes to device this quiz and work out two different ways to construct a formula to work out mathematically.

there are 32 Towns in a country, each town needs to be linked directly with all other towns, so no vias, so how many motorway links are needed to construct?

Sponsored Links
btw 19 is one less than 20, still has the same number of digits genius.
Aren't you supposed to be a maths teacher? :rolleyes:
Durrr - and 99 is less than 100, and 100 is longer than 99. So your point is ?? :rolleyes:
You are obviously p*ssed again, it was you that wrote
Sure do! So presumably there is room to write down one less than this number?
as if a number which is one less than another always has one less digit in it. That was my point :rolleyes:

busted! correct!

Graham's number is an example of one of the infinite number of numbers that cannot be written down in the observable universe. The question , is what is the lower limit of such numbers and whether this number is the smallest, and whether is is the number of digits or the number of pixels used to write it that counts.

Well, it kind of depends on what the definition of what Graham's number is, you fool :rolleyes: Are you saying that there are numbers smaller than Graham's number that still can't be written down in the observable universe? In which case, what's so special about this one? Your original post seems to imply that Graham's number is the first to fit the bill, hence the obvious follow questions. FFS :rolleyes:
I'm glad you asked me that

Martin Gardner described it in the "Mathematical Games" section of Scientific American in November 1977, writing that, "In an unpublished proof, Graham has recently established ... a bound so vast that it holds the record for the largest number ever used in a serious mathematical proof."
So while we all know that there are limitless numbers larger then this one it does have the significance of having been used in a mathematical proof. If you had a clue about your subject you'd have realised that and wouldn't have een asking the stupid questions. :rolleyes:

So now, you have the answer and the formula, so may be you could now visualise that if assuming there are 900 trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion , 700 billion, billion, billion, billion, billion, billion, billion, billion billion billion billion atoms in the universe and each atom has an invisible link with every other atom, (call it force of attraction as in force of gravity) so how many lines of attraction would this number of atoms generate and you could almost visualise how these lines of force of gravity, (which is invisible) occupies the entire space, what we call empty is indeed not empty!

So now it is within your grasp to visualise that space is filled with this force of lines, so dense that it would diffuse as it criss crosses other lines of attraction, and form a dense but invisible force in empty space, so after all this space is not empty, every nook and cranny is filled with these lines of force.

Please don't try to work this out as you will run out of space! this was just to help you visualise how a number as small as 32 can generate 496 lines and so you can imagine how those atoms in the universe are linked to each other and forming a mesh of dense lines of force, though I know the force depends on the distance between atoms, but nevertheless there is a connection between every atom against all others. like the motorway links all towns with one another.

Well, it kind of depends on what the definition of what Graham's number is, you fool :rolleyes: Are you saying that there are numbers smaller than Graham's number that still can't be written down in the observable universe? In which case, what's so special about this one? Your original post seems to imply that Graham's number is the first to fit the bill, hence the obvious follow questions. FFS :rolleyes:
I'm glad you asked me that

Martin Gardner described it in the "Mathematical Games" section of Scientific American in November 1977, writing that, "In an unpublished proof, Graham has recently established ... a bound so vast that it holds the record for the largest number ever used in a serious mathematical proof."
So while we all know that there are limitless numbers larger then this one it does have the significance of having been used in a mathematical proof. If you had a clue about your subject you'd have realised that and wouldn't have een asking the stupid questions. :rolleyes:
Good old wiki when you need to use it to try to bale yourself out to hide your ignorance, eh? Trouble is, by definition, it lends itself open to a whole load of other questions about numbers around it (such as those one above and one below) which you obviously ain't got a clue about and haven;t the imagination to even try to consider. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The point was that I brought up this particular large number in context with what mike was saying about large numbers.
You then asked a pointless question and recieved a perfectly valid answer.
At no point did I say I understood how this number was arrived at and by your questions you had never heard of it until I brought it up.
Obviously you're 'mathematical ego' has been p*ssed that some internet jockey has come up with something you haven't known, hence the aggression. Sorry about that, never mind, have another drink. You know you want to. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

With an unnecessary use of rolling eyes, indicating your wish to become mutually abusive in any subsequent "conversation". That was your decision, not mine.

and therein lies the problem, you percieved the rolling eye smiley as an insult when I actually meant it whimsically as if to say 'wasn't that obvious'
Perhaps I should have put a smiley or a wink after it but there you go, I didn't. Never mind, I'm off to bed.

Sponsored Links
Back