do I get to vote twice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I found on my doormat yesterday a second voter registration card for the upcomming vote.. the details are all the same as the other one I recieved a few weeks ago..

can I vote twice then?
one card for each?

Sponsored Links
I found on my doormat yesterday a second voter registration card for the upcomming vote.. the details are all the same as the other one I recieved a few weeks ago..

can I vote twice then?
one card for each?
It's possibly a ploy, to declare the results void, I would not put anything past this bunch of shysters.

Wotan

No, because when you vote your name is checked off against the electoral roll. The second time you turned up they would say 'someone of that name from that address already voted'.

but as the poster above said, it might be local government elections, so you get two poll cards.

Sponsored Links
Or it could be skitz running the shop - he really wants you to vote!! ;) In fact, he insists on it.

can I vote twice then?
one card for each?
Check the back of them - they could be for different elections - is your town having local elections? Mayoral election? Doncaster did this a few years ago.

just re-read them and yes one is for the locals.. same day same place.. stupid idea, why can't they have it the day or week after?

just re-read them and yes one is for the locals.. same day same place.. stupid idea, why can't they have it the day or week after?
Many polling stations are / used to be schools. Not good for the schools is it?

Cost saving. Only one day to pay a clerk. economies of scale ;)

it's the cost to the country I'm worried about.. what if people get confused and vote for the wrong party in the general because they happen to like that parties candidate in the local?

why can't they arrange elections on a saturday or during school half terms then?

Sponsored Links
Back