Do you need an E cloth for a new kitchen?

I work for B&Q.

The e-cloths unfortunately do just pop up on the system if you have bought an appliance! However the CA who is putting your order through (like me) should point it out and ask if you really need one?

If you ask a designer to come out and plan your kitchen and you have not chosen exactly which appliances you want then they normally put an average priced one down. Not too cheap not too expensive. You as the customer are then at liberty to find out which one has been put on th quote and change it to suit your requirements. The designer should have told you that and left you with a brochure containing prices and specifications to have a look through.

Totally with you on the Ecloths tho!

Also plese remember that it is the distribution centre that muck up the delivery dates not the CA's in store.. most of us do try to offer excellent service!

Sponsored Links
I work for B&Q.

Also plese remember that it is the distribution centre that muck up the delivery dates not the CA's in store.. most of us do try to offer excellent service!

You're a credit to your employer, Miss G - and it's refreshing that you don't feel you have to slag off the customers to get your point across. I must admit that I do buy quite a lot from B&Q and I've always found the staff polite and the choice of products good, but the company would have to change the way it delivers its design service before I'd think of buying a kitchen.

I absolutely agree it definately needs to drag itself into the 21st century, (but they are currently trying to relaunch themselves), the showroom department is due for an overhaul too as it is the centre of B&Qs business!

Don't get me wrong I only work there part time, I'm a law student for most of the week!

rt18 - just noticed you're worried about getting spare parts as your kitchen has now been discontinued - rest assured they will be keeping stocks of this kitchen in main distribution centres for 10 years after the line finished. This is normally to allow for partial kitchen refits (insurance jobs) but also for kitchen extensions. Your local B&Q store would be happy to advise i am sure ;)

Sponsored Links
With B&Q their, Design and layout service is professional and well done. But with my kitchen which is from B&Q, they sent 8 colour matched end suport panels, instead of 1 colour matched end suport panel & 5 colour matched base unit end panels. They also missed off 1 wall cabinet colour matched end panel off of the order. The order was done up by one of their kitchen design team men.

I'd guess this is really the same problem as I had. The company relies on its software to get things right and when it doesn't - or it adds things the customer doesn't want - no one (except the customer) appears to check it or question it. If they could get that sorted, they'd have a better service.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back