Do you use RatedPeople?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everybody :D

New to this site but I see there has been some discussion or mention about trade checking sites such as CheckATrade and Rated People.

*original text removed in fear of being accused of spamming* - Hillshaw Roofing

Thanks for looking.

Sponsored Links
FORGET rated people, got shietes in payback, you pay to contact them, the custom,they don't get back :eek: think i did 3 moon? then sacked it,
they got back to me and said,"HMMM, yes, wer'e trying to sort that", yeah, fookoff.

Sponsored Links
FORGET rated people, got shietes in payback, you pay to contact them, the custom,they don't get back :eek: think i did 3 moon? then sacked it,
they got back to me and said,"HMMM, yes, wer'e trying to sort that", yeah, fookoff.
Thanks for your reply but I can't honestly make head nor tail of it.

Clever spam............but spam nonetheless.

I hope that wasn't aimed at me.

I am seriously concerned if I'm losing out on work because customers don't trust these sites (in particular Rated People).

I am seriously concerned if I'm losing out on work because customers don't trust these sites (in particular Rated People).
Of course it was, these sites are a load of bollix there are never bad reviews on there what a load of unbelievable crap! :rolleyes:

Of course it was, these sites are a load of bollix there are never bad reviews on there what a load of unbelievable crap! :rolleyes:
That's what I'm getting at tho, why is it unbelievable?

Surely when a trader gets too many bad reviews they are removed from the site taking their bad reviews with them?

The whole point of these sites is that they vet out all of the bad traders, no?

Why would you go onto a site that intends to only have good traders and expect to see bad reviews or ratings?

Unfortunately we haven't been able to pull off top ratings everytime and anything less than a top rating isn't a great review in our eyes.

That's what I'm getting at tho, why is it unbelievable?

Surely when a trader gets too many bad reviews they are removed from the site taking their bad reviews with them?

The whole point of these sites is that they vet out all of the bad traders, no?

Nope.

The point of these sites is to make money from tradesmen, and that means keeping them happy by removing bad reviews.

I had a dreadful experience with a couple of tradesmen I sourced through Rated People, to the extent that I had to take them to court (I won; the expert witness report questioned how these conmen could even offer their 'trade' as flooring contractors given their catalogue of errors). I posted a damning review on Rated People (based on the truth of my experience) and the tradesman complained and had the rating removed. So other customers are still being conned and RatedPeople know what's going on but don't seem to act objectively and seem to favour trades however unethically they act. My verdict on ratedPeople: I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole now.

I had a dreadful experience with a couple of tradesmen I sourced through Rated People, to the extent that I had to take them to court (I won; the expert witness report questioned how these conmen could even offer their 'trade' as flooring contractors given their catalogue of errors). I posted a damning review on Rated People (based on the truth of my experience) and the tradesman complained and had the rating removed. So other customers are still being conned and RatedPeople know what's going on but don't seem to act objectively and seem to favour trades however unethically they act. My verdict on ratedPeople: I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole now.
Thank you for your comment DIYGirlz, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. It doesn't fill me with much confidence if what you say is true about your review being removed.

You say a couple of tradesmen? Do you mean one company?

These two were acting as a partnership, rather than a limited liability company

if you look at some of these sites you wonder how any of these people make any money, some of the tradesmen are quoting for a £50 job from across the other side of the country.
if you go for the lowest price what do expect, you are going to get a crap job pay peanuts get monkeys etc.

In my case, i paid over £5000. Might not be a lot of money to some, but it is to me !! Especially when it's extorted by conmen !!

Sponsored Links
Back