Do you use RatedPeople?

You know full well that all the jobs on that site are from time wasters, tight wads, and wnackers, as expertly proved in the two posts above.

I think I'll stick to working for nice people through recommendadtion. :)

Sponsored Links
You know full well that all the jobs on that site are from time wasters, tight wads, and wnackers, as expertly proved in the two posts above.

I think I'll stick to working for nice people through recommendadtion. :)

I once used it when it was £10 per job and put £50 on the site.

One job was a guy who wanted an extension building and when we got round there he didn't have PP or plans or anything and I never heard anything from him again.

I didn't get any work out of the 5 quotes.

The idiot who posted before you must think its like the local free adds that nobody has to pay anything.

Sponsored Links
This is my opinion of the Rated People site - UNREALISTIC BUDGETS.

In the last two weeks we have spent in excess of £100 for less than 5 leads.

In Summary

1- One lead requested wallpapering and removal of wallpaper on a 9ft high chimney breast wall with removal of existing wallpaper and hanging new paper. Result paid for lead called contact to be told a neighbour had quoted £40 for the job. exasperated the site is supposedly to be for tradesman with a realistic price not DIY people.

2. Further quote for a three bedroom house full decorating and painting. On arrival should have known the lead was a joke furniture abandoned on driveway, plants from garden growing through windows to home. The house was filthy dirty greasy cobwebs throughout. complete clutter everywhere , the house looked liked something from hoarders from hell.
Spent over £30 on lead to be told could be further 3 months if rooms could be cleared. Wanted whole house decorating for less than £1000 stripping walls plaster repair supply of paint. A JOKE

3. Lead of over £20 fee. The client needed three trades plasterers carpenters and painters and decorators finally. before work could be undertaken. Supply of materials would have cost over 50% of the budget.
GET REAL.

4. Similar to other people I have paid for leads and never been able to quote for leads no response despite voicemails emails left with client.

AVOID THE SITE AT ALL COSTS IF YOU ARE A TRADESMAN WANTING A FAIR PRICE FOR A FAIR DAYS WORK.

Someone is making money here and not tradesman a disgrace

I lost 2 big commercial contracts just before Christmas and I turned to Rated People to help fill the gap while I waited for things to pick up again.

I've bought leads for £20-50 that have produced incorrect phone numbers, invalid email addresses, clients wanting a full bathroom refit for £500, clients wanting a quote to fulfil their insurance company's requirements when the job had already been awarded to someone else...all with no chance of re-reimbursement from ratedpeople but...

I've also bought leads for £30 for £6k bathroom refits, and some £5 jobs that snowball into £10k projects.

I personally think these sites should be considered as advertising rather than a guaranteed way of generating work. Some you win, some you lose.

Back