Does autodoc give good service?

I see the post-Brexit renaissance of British manufacturing; factories full like in the fifties, the young unemployed and media studies graduates busy operating lathes and moulding machines.

Let's hope it goes better than the "renaissance" of British fishing and British fruit and veg picking then...

Sponsored Links
I suppose you are aware that UK has decided not to impose its post-Brexit regime on imports yet?

"The British government has delayed plans to introduce full border checks with the EU for another six months as businesses warned that customs systems and port infrastructure were still not ready."

Did you believe it when you were told Brexit becomes effective 1/1/21?

Q. How do you know when Johnson is lying?

A. Johnson is always lying.

Yes, the same guy who refused an extension when offered by the EU is now desperately trying to find ways of postponing what pretty much the whole of industry told him was coming!:ROFLMAO:

Parts arrived today, 12 days after the order was placed.

Monroe springs and TRW shocks as ordered.

Pads and discs, ordered in Blueprint brand, arrived as Stark brand. Looked on autodoc website and car reg matched Stark pads and discs have a higher ticket price so whether BP was out of stock when the order was made up or Stark have been sent in error, I don't know.

I see the post-Brexit renaissance of British manufacturing; factories full like in the fifties, the young unemployed and media studies graduates busy operating lathes and moulding machines.
Definitely if HMRC - or whoever does it - slapps a huge import tax on anything bought outside england. VAT added to Aliexpress purchase, which did not exist before brexit, import tax on EU staff. The only question is about quality.

Where is the brexit dividend?

Sponsored Links
Parts arrived today, 12 days after the order was placed.

Monroe springs and TRW shocks as ordered.

Pads and discs, ordered in Blueprint brand, arrived as Stark brand. Looked on autodoc website and car reg matched Stark pads and discs have a higher ticket price so whether BP was out of stock when the order was made up or Stark have been sent in error, I don't know.
I’ve heard of this happening, they should tell you in my book even if the parts are higher quality.
Never heard of Stark before but they seem to be a decent German outfit so I would not be too concerned.

Last edited:
I’ve heard of this happening, they should tell you in my book even if the parts are higher quality.
Never heard of Stark before but they seem to be a decent German outfit so I would be too concerned.

I checked the Stark brakes on autodoc's website and they have a higher listing price than BP pads and discs I ordered. Its perhaps the time element of getting orders made up and shipped why they don't consult with the customer when they supply other brands because selected stock is not available. As you say, Stark look decent so there's no harm in fitting the Stark pads and discs and see how they perform.

Its more the 12 days to deliver that bothers me.

Last edited:
Yes not great but we are in strange times.
I only use really when I want a load of oe quality stuff and am in no rush.
Refurbed the front suspension of my Golf before Christmas with Lemforder stuff and it was great for this but I would have been disappointed with a switch being a bit fussy!

On the matter of the Stark pads and discs I got from autodoc, I decided to contact Stark customer service and ask where the manufacturing is done.

Bear in mind Stark are German based, I quote the response.
"Stark products are manufactured at leading factories in Southeast Asia (China, South Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia), as well as in Turkey and Italy. The factories, that produce Stark products, comply with international quality standards: ISO 9001, ISO / TS 16949, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001."

Anyway, they're on the car and working well and my dear niece is delighted.

Sponsored Links
Back