Does autodoc give good service?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
autodoc.co.uk

Need front springs, shocks and pads for a Picanto. Anyone use autodoc to know if they give good service?

Sponsored Links
I’ve used Autodoc for some obscure filters, which my motor factor couldn’t supply....And neither could a Peugeot main dealer (n) Their service and prices were just fine.
I do prefer however to give the trade to local guys if I can.
John :)

Thanks John.

I'll give the locals first refusal but it depends on what they can supply.

I like Kia / Hyundai and I've found that Blueprint do the discs / pads, Febi for the suspension arms/ steering, Lesjofors for the springs and shocks - keeps me happy!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Alot of there stuff comes from Germany so I'm not sure if it's affected by all the new brexit charges as I've not used them for awhile

I generally use them when I want oem quality for vag stuff and I’m not in a rush, delivery time is around a week.
No issues from me, I did hear of stories of them sending out different brands to that ordered but I’ve not experienced this personally.

Only used them once, for the purchase an auto gearbox service kit, never again.
Filter was the wrong spec. & didn't fit, so I had to leave the old one in situ. & refill with (expensive) fresh fluid as I needed to use the car.
I returned the (unused) filter for a refund, but AD maintained that as it was part of a kit they could not refund on the filter alone.
Several emails passed between us leaving me with the distinct impression that the staff in what passes off as their customer care dept. were incapable of understanding basic English as they kept offering to return the (incorrect) filter, at my own expense!! Their prices may well be competitive, but do they give good service? In my case they failed abysmally :(

Last edited:
Buy local.
All parts are available in uk, some obscure parts like vag bonnet switch (this was difficult to source) is found on ebay.
No reason to risk dealing with a company with so many negative feedbacks.

Their prices are good but I wouldn't risk it with all the Brexit hassles now. I ordered some bumps stops and dust covers just after Christmas. They took about 5 weeks to arrive! When they did, they were wrong. It cost me about half of what they were worth to post them back to the returns department (in Germany) and took another 3 weeks. I've just had notification of the refund (but not the refund itself yet!) yesterday!

Pity. Prior to Brexit, I'd have recommended them as their stuff is generally good quality and keenly priced.

Well I've ordered springs, shocks, pads and discs. I'll give them a chance to prove themselves. The ball's in their court. In my opinion, if the quality of their 'how to' videos on YT are a reflection, I should get good service.

I've ordered many parts from autodoc over the years, great selection of parts and really good prices. Delivery has always been a bit slow but acceptable considering they come from Germany, around a week and a half. But my most recent order post brexit was almost 3 weeks due to border delays. Also my order was under £135 so no import taxes to pay, i'm not sure if you will get landed with taxes if the items are over £135, then the parcelforce fee on top for handling said taxes.

Only used them once, for the purchase an auto gearbox service kit, never again.
Filter was the wrong spec. & didn't fit, so I had to leave the old one in situ. & refill with (expensive) fresh fluid as I needed to use the car.
I returned the (unused) filter for a refund, but AD maintained that as it was part of a kit they could not refund on the filter alone.
Several emails passed between us leaving me with the distinct impression that the staff in what passes off as their customer care dept. were incapable of understanding basic English as they kept offering to return the (incorrect) filter, at my own expense!! Their prices may well be competitive, but do they give good service? In my case they failed abysmally :(
Ditto

Ordered parts 02.03.2021 and keeping an eye on tracking, they arrived in the UK today, 11.03.2021. I don't expect to pay any further charges.

I see the post-Brexit renaissance of British manufacturing; factories full like in the fifties, the young unemployed and media studies graduates busy operating lathes and moulding machines.

Ordered parts 02.03.2021 and keeping an eye on tracking, they arrived in the UK today, 11.03.2021. I don't expect to pay any further charges.

I suppose you are aware that UK has decided not to impose its post-Brexit regime on imports yet?

"The British government has delayed plans to introduce full border checks with the EU for another six months as businesses warned that customs systems and port infrastructure were still not ready."

Did you believe it when you were told Brexit becomes effective 1/1/21?

Q. How do you know when Johnson is lying?

A. Johnson is always lying.

Sponsored Links
Back