Does DEATH bring another life??

Sponsored Links
One of the great imponderables I guess. I try to think of these senarios :-

1) if I could make a teleportation system that disassembled your body particle by particle, and then reassembled it at a remote location using different particles but in the same configuration, would it be you or a facsimile of you?

2) If it could make a teleportation system the disassembled your body and sent the particles to a remote location, would it be you or a facsimile of you.

Or perhaps the definition of "You" is a configuration of particles locked to a space time continum?

"You" don't seem to be what you're made of as it is estimated that every single atom of your body is replaced every 10 years or so. So are you merely a configuration?

Oddly there have been reports of young children describing things such as their last family and being able to give details about that family they could not possibly know.

My own son then aged 4, once said to me "When I was here before...."

I said what do you mean before, and he said "with my last family..." it could of course have been a confusion with language, but it seemed odd to me.

Also, there is an, as I believe, unexplained phenomenon where by bodies at the point of death lose a little weight, this can't be explained, I believe, by exhaled gas or other bodily emissions.

So I don't know, if you say the statement when you die that's it, well I believe that for me who lived between x and y that's true. But will a "new you" experience consciousness? That I don't know.

Is there a God? First define God? Omnipotent being floating around somewhere, I doubt very much. Is there a wider order and much we cannot explain definitely, will we ever explain it? Doubtful as to answer the question why? is infinite.

Sponsored Links
Back