Don't you hate Lane Hoggers

If lane 2 and 3 all travel at 70mph - you can't get a collision - it's impossible. It's the idiots that speed that cause the problem. I do everyone a favour and block them down to 70mph.

I'm sure the police would have an issue with that, would about inaccuracys of different speedos?

What if your actually doing 68? And the person doing 70 is actually doing 72?

People don't make the rules, the law does, stick to it.

Lanes 2 and 3 are overtaking lanes.

oh oh, watch out, joe90 doesn't understand this concept. popcorn at the ready.

Sponsored Links
Aren't motorway speed limits and 'overtaking' lanes an outdated concept these days, with modern, faster cars, and the sheer volume of traffic?

Aren't motorway speed limits and 'overtaking' lanes an outdated concept these days, with modern, faster cars, and the sheer volume of traffic?

You are right and i agree but you can't change the facts.

And i agree with you, the law is the law, and the Highway code is just that. But if the governement won't address the change, should we at least be grown up about it, and accept that at 6pm on Friday on the M1, you ain't gonna get a steady stream of traffic in lane 1 with a few cars, in lane 2 overtaking the lorries, and a horse drawn police carriage rushing along to a top hat theft in the 3rd lane !!!

We need at least three lanes to conduct the volume of vehicles these days, and the rest is common sense.... if a faster vehicle comes up behind you, and you can move over, then do so, whether they want to break the law or not... that's up to them... you can't lay down the law and stop them?

Sponsored Links
If lane 2 and 3 all travel at 70mph - you can't get a collision - it's impossible. It's the idiots that speed that cause the problem. I do everyone a favour and block them down to 70mph.

I'm sure the police would have an issue with that, what about inaccuracys of different speedos?

What if your actually doing 68? And the person doing 70 is actually doing 72?

People don't make the rules, the law does, stick to it.

Lanes 2 and 3 are overtaking lanes.

So you have a crash at 4mph in real time speed differential. Wow - that's really scary.

If you are sticking to the rules and the law then it doesn't really matter which lane I'm in travelling at 70mph - because as you are sticking to the law you'll never catch me up will you?

. if a faster vehicle comes up behind you, and you can move over, then do so, whether they want to break the law or not... that's up to them... you can't lay down the law and stop them?

Neither can they tell you not to break the law and sit in whichever lane you like on at 70mph. You can't just pick and choose which laws you will follow and which you won't. So if we all travel at 70 mph there is no fast lane is there? we all travel in convoy.

I don't care, I was just trying to point out how immature your statement was.

You can't handle the truth that you can't speed on motorways can you? There is NO FAST LANE.

overtaking lane, for passing lorries, fools and idiots doing 50 reading the paper.

You can't handle the truth that you can't speed on motorways can you? There is NO FAST LANE.

Eh...?

This isn't a movie..

You can speed, people do all the time, what a stupid statement.

I agree, there isnt a fast lane, I didn't say there was.

If people are travelling faster than you, move over if you can, it's quite simple. I'm sure even you can work out that's the way it's been done for years.

Close the door on your way out.

Joe, that's not true.... that idea was put into a bubble of nitrogen and injected into your brain when you were born. Those of us who have been good have had ours removed... you're about two thirds of the way down the list... so for now, keep believing ;)

If they don't follow the rules - why should I? I can't be arsed to do what they want me to do.

So should they - and not speed.

speeding is not being a bad citizen... especially if you get out of the way !!! they might be late for their 7 yr old daughter's birthday party... and it's your fault they're late because you wouldn't get out of the fuching way !!! ;)

Sponsored Links
Back