Don't you hate Lane Hoggers

How many accidents have been caused by changing lane?

Some bute on the M60 cut infront a car in lane 3 causing it to slam on 6 cars back is my car no chance of stopping behind a seat leon cos they can stop on a penny mine is a zafira big weight difference so £3200 damage to mine technically a right off but topping up my excess to £1050 meant it wasn't, also losing my 2 years no claims in the process and a happy bullchitting mank laughing his way to the bank collecting a whip lash claim

Oh well such as life I guess all thanks to someone changing lane!!!!

Sponsored Links

Some bute on the M60 cut infront a car in lane 3 causing it to slam on 6 cars back is my car no chance of stopping behind a seat leon cos they can stop on a penny mine is a zafira big weight difference so £3200 damage to mine technically a right off but topping up my excess to £1050 meant it wasn't, also losing my 2 years no claims in the process and a happy bullchitting mank laughing his way to the bank collecting a whip lash claim

You have a good point but there is a line between one and the other.

So leave a larger braking distance then. Ramming someone is your fault, end off.

So leave a larger braking distance then. Ramming someone is your fault, end off.

I am well aware its strict liability but sadly I see this all the time, braking distance should be calculated based on your own cars weight and the cars weight that's in front of you, I may well have been at a safe distance but the car in front stopped very quick whereas mine took longer

The point of my post was to highlight what can result in changing lane and yet again we have another high horse condescending keyboard warrior putting in his 2 pence worth of non constructive criticism!!!

Sponsored Links
You muppet.
I was pointing out if you hit someone else up the rear its classed as your fault.
You clearly were too close, by your own admittance.

I think your the one on a horse.

My reply was constructive as it mentioned the policy as used by the police and insurance companies.

Go give it a drink, bound to be thirsty having to watch you type childish retorts.
Do you wear a trakkie and white trainers?

See childish insults are not funny, ehh wac!

The UK's an island. How can you drive there?

Obviously not then.
They have more crashes per mile and more fatalities. All doing 55-65 mph.
Explain that.

Show us the stats then.

That's typical of you Joe... mouthing off as if you know everything. And when Alarm actually matches up to your challenge... what do you do? ingore it and move on to rant at someone else !!

You're a disgrace...

Also, I was in the US a couple of weeks ago, and they hog lanes, and drive over the speed limit, and they weave dangerously between lanes, and they have pile-ups... we saw a few. After all they are humans and not robots...!

So you disagree with what he wrote then? He says they don't do that stuff.

So you disagree with what he wrote then? He says they don't do that stuff.

yeah i disagree... that's crystal clear... why do you search for re-assurance?

And again you avoid the criticism..!! stand up like a man and read the evidence you DEMANDED and then respond in a respectful way?

If lane 2 and 3 all travel at 70mph - you can't get a collision - it's impossible. It's the idiots that speed that cause the problem. I do everyone a favour and block them down to 70mph.

I'm sure the police would have an issue with that, what about inaccuracys of different speedos?

What if your actually doing 68? And the person doing 70 is actually doing 72?

People don't make the rules, the law does, stick to it.

Lanes 2 and 3 are overtaking lanes.

So you have a crash at 4mph in real time speed differential. Wow - that's really scary.

If you are sticking to the rules and the law then it doesn't really matter which lane I'm in travelling at 70mph - because as you are sticking to the law you'll never catch me up will you?

I would really love to do a live demo of this on a motorway with 3 cars, all doing 70 MPH. Wonder what the police would have to say about the Law abiding cars travelling at 70MPH in lane 2 and 3. 70MPH sounds good in theory, but would never work, if everyone did it on the motorways.

Overtaking lane is an indirect encouragement for speeding. It keeps the motorways clear and keeps the police in jobs and well funded by fining the speeders. Guess they have it made.

I know it from personal experience, I once got flashed my motorway police for driving at 70 MPH in lane 3. Now why would they do that? Isn’t 70MPH the legal speed limit, why would anyone need to use that lane? I wonder.

because the law and the highway code haven't kept up with modern life and modern technology (apart from speedguns etc)!

not always. surprisingly insurance companies don't automatically assume the fault lies with the car at the back. this was proven a few years ago when i was behind a car that was unable to stop quickly enough when the car in front slammed the brakes on because he wasn't paying attention to the road. i stopped barely a foot off the car in front of me and i had huge brakes and ABS, he didn't. the insurance companies fought for ages then eventually called it knock for knock.

Sorry to ask, but if you were not in the collision, how do you know the end result?

I was in a parked car once, a bus crossed the centre line. Hit me. The company I worked for just wanted their excedss paid.
Somehow they called it a 50/50. Work that out.

Normally a rear end is the person/s hitting the car in fronts fault.

you should drive according to the condidtions of the road and expect the unexpected.... that means be aware of what's around you, know your car's capabilities and of course your own. Plus, you should be ready for potholes, carrier bags, black ice, shopping trollies, dead badgers, suicidal pheasants, old people, school childrens, skips, trees, etc etc

Oh and that car in front of you might need to stop for any reason in the world.... make sure you're watching it, and have enough room !!!

Sorry to ask, but if you were not in the collision, how do you know the end result?

I was in a parked car once, a bus crossed the centre line. Hit me. The company I worked for just wanted their excedss paid.
Somehow they called it a 50/50. Work that out.

Normally a rear end is the person/s hitting the car in fronts fault.

i agree, normally it is. i just disagreed with your assumption that it is always the case.

i provided a statement in favour of the rear ender and a statement against the driver of the car in front whose wife claimed he had whiplash even though he was crawling under the car looking for damage, i also took a video of that on my mobile which the insurance assessor came round specifically to see. the rear ender let me know the outcome.

Sponsored Links
Back