Double fees for wealthy in NHS Scotland

You say 'introduce such schemes' as though they're not already available.
Newsflash: they are.

When BUPA began in the 80s there was a debate about a 'two-tier' health system and on and on we go...from what i can gather they're on about 'making' wealthy people pay for treatment to free up services for the plebs to get their op's done. Good luck with that.
It's all one big fat furry squirrel.
Newsflash: I was referring to the thread topic, specifically on a possible two-tier system within the NHS ;)

I'm aware of the existence of BUPA ...

Sponsored Links
controversial I know but I'm not convinced this is a priority for the NHS

I have a friend who's child wants her breasts removed because she wants to be a they/them. I blame TikTok.

It would be better to give you some therapy to help you learn to love yourself the way you are. If you are really bothered, you can save up and pay for the surgery yourself. Is it any different to a woman who thinks her breasts are too small or a man who wants a bigger pecker? I'd prefer the NHS focused on people who need life saving treatment.
Tavistock and Portman is in London.
How is your post and your link remotely connected to the thread topic?
Unless it was a deliberate attempt to troll. Then I can understand the motivation behind your post.
You are fully aware that it'll ignite yet another controversial debate. It's dog-whistle tactics.
In addition it's off-topic, just like others persistently introducing asylum seekers into all and every discussion

But hey ho, here we go...........

I'd prefer the NHS focused on people who need life saving treatment.
Why do people commit suicide?

Why Do Teens Try to Kill Themselves?​

Most teens interviewed after making a suicide attempt say that they did it because they were trying to escape from a situation that seemed impossible to deal with or to get relief from really bad thoughts or feelings. They didn't want to die as much as they wanted to escape from what was going on. And at that particular moment dying seemed like the only way out.

Private health insurance
it needn't cover a number of things. I know someone who was treated for skin cancer by BUPA. Many years later it came back - off to the NHS. I should have directly asked him why. It may have been scope of treatment needed or some limit on treatment.

So you join BUPA. If something crops up that remotely relates to something on your NHS records you wont be covered. NHS record keeping is far better than it used to be.

So how does BUPA really work. You join in good health.. Don't need much treatment and pay for those that do. Much the same as the NHS should work. If BUPA didn't work like that they would go bankrupt.

An uncle of mine now a 92 year old retired policeman joined while serving but not sure at what age. I'd guess 30's. Cost was £110 / month for himself and his wife. It seems police had a bit of a reduction. He had his hips replaced in his latish 70's.

Sponsored Links
But I thought, according to you, that was the Tory and 'Borisconi' plan? Scotland are not run by the Tories are they?
You're not the sharpest tool in the box are you...

Care to tell us why the tories are refusing Scotland an independence referendum if they are not running the show?

Last edited:
An uncle of mine now a 92 year old retired policeman joined while serving but not sure at what age. I'd guess 30's. Cost was £110 / month for himself and his wife. It seems police had a bit of a reduction. He had his hips replaced in his latish 70's.

I would be surpised if the premiums did not increase over time.

Perhaps there used to be a special deal.

I think one of the biggest advantages of having private health insurance is the speed with which you are seen, diagnosed and treated compared to the current NHS waiting times.

I think one of the biggest advantages of having private health insurance is the speed with which you are seen, diagnosed and treated compared to the current NHS waiting times.
...usually by NHS consultants and surgeons working in their private capacity. ;)

You're not the sharpest tool in the box are you...

Care to tell us why the tories are refusing Scotland an independence referendum if they are not running the show?
They've had an independence referendum haven't they? How did it go? Are you after a 'best of three' again? In any case, what's that to do with the Scottish NHS?

The only way the Scottish will get their independence is to give the vote to the English. ;)

Last edited:
They've had an independence referendum haven't they? How did it go? Are you after a 'best of three' again?
Why not? Brexiteers wanted a best of three, then decided they wanted to stick after 2.

Sponsored Links
Back