Dover. It's what we wanted.

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Hard borders, passport checks, an end to freedom of movement...

1680434902015.png

"Not fair" says Braverman.

Sponsored Links
Don't be silly. you have already been told it happens every Easter and has even before Brexit and after so called freedom of movement came in.

Don't be silly. you have already been told it happens every Easter and has even before Brexit and after so called freedom of movement came in.
You can keep denying Brexit damage all you like, the general public are turning against Brexit more and more each week.

and that’s despite the ever more desperate gaslighting by the RW media.

Sponsored Links
I don't recall it being down to passport control at our end .

That is exactly what was voted for. It's not going to be a 1 off event either. Expect this at every peak time. Wait until all these travellers want to return too

Hard borders, passport checks, an end to freedom of movement...

View attachment 299800

"Not fair" says Braverman.
We know it's what you wanted but not me I never wanted this, but you have your wish

Rather than brexiteers blaming the French (as always), it would be interesting to hear their take on the reality of the current situation...

Could they explain why the checking of passports (and the now required entry/exit stamps) to see that UK citzens haven't stayed more than 3 months out of any 6 month period in the EU/EEA shouldn't take more time than a cursery glance at a passport photo?

Oh dear nowt so blind as those that can see only what they want.
Here, get your specsavers around this boyo...

...but since the UK left the EU, additional passport checks take additional time.

"The difference of living in a post-Brexit environment means that every passport needs to be checked before a vehicle or passenger can pass through to the EU through France. And that happens here in Dover. So it does make processing more challenging...."

Blind Brexers lol. Cruella Braverperson tried to say "it's not fair..."

Boo fekkin hoo.

It's been 4 years now do you think Brexit is to blame for chronic mismanagement as well? Happens every year at Easter so why not prepare or do you just don't want to see / does not fit the narrative? Link to other poster who I have quoted.

Rather than brexiteers blaming the French (as always), it would be interesting to hear their take on the reality of the current situation...

Could they explain why the checking of passports (and the now required entry/exit stamps) to see that UK citzens haven't stayed more than 3 months out of any 6 month period in the EU/EEA shouldn't take more time than a cursery glance at a passport photo?
The 'are they overstaying' checks that the French do are not yet digitised (and possibly the 3 month validity rule either?) so are a visual/ arithmetic check. I have heard the digi system is coming? Ending FOM was bound to have consequences, and it has. WE wanted that, not THEM.

For balance, I do agree that day one of a school holiday is mental everywhere, and probably always will be.

"Dover Port has had these passenger volumes before, but since the UK left the EU, additional passport checks take additional time.

"The difference of living in a post-Brexit environment means that every passport needs to be checked before a vehicle or passenger can pass through to the EU through France. And that happens here in Dover. So it does make processing more challenging," said Doug Bannister, CEO of Dover Port."

Sponsored Links
Back