Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Got an extension about to start in the new year. There will be a new bedroom, hallway, bathroom and a kitchen diner.

Want to get warm white LED downlights for the bedroom (dimmable) and cool white for the kitchen and bathroom.

Also want to avoid the ones where you can't replace the led but have to do the whole unit. Probably assume upstairs ones will be coved by insulation.

Is it best to get them fire-rated? Probably 6 or 7w.
Are there any particular brands that are better than others?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated, thanks

Sponsored Links
Downlighters over a bed are not my idea of "luxury". Staring up at stars in the night sky is good, staring up at a couple of mini suns is not so good,

For what it is worth. My bedroom has two standard lamps at the foot of the bed that throw all their light up to the white ceiling. This results in diffused light from the ceiling and no visible light source.

Downlighters over a bed are not my idea of "luxury". Staring up at stars in the night sky is good, staring up at a couple of mini suns is not so good,

For what it is worth. My bedroom has two standard lamps at the foot of the bed that throw their light up to the white ceiling. This results in diffused light from the ceiling and no visible light source.
Good point, but there will table lamps but will need the brighter lights for when it's not time for bed

Sponsored Links
Had some Aurora lights in my last house, I assume that they were good as I never had any problems with them :)

Luceco downlights seem to have lots of good reviews about them on screwfix.

Will have a look at Collingwood

Also is better to go for integrated or the gu10 ones where you can just change to "led bulb" if the go faulty?

Went down the you tube rabbit hole and came across Ansell prism pro. Anyone used them before?

Went down the you tube rabbit hole and came across Ansell prism pro. Anyone used them before?
Those are integrated fittings. If lamp goes you have to change the whole thing.
I don’t see any info on if they are suitable for covering with insulation materials.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back