Downlights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone installed downlights and a central light? Would it work or look pants?
Your views are appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I think it would look ok.

Prepare for the eco warriors to tell you it'll look rubbish, but they are just saying that.

Yep. It's just part of my genetic makeup.

Until recently, I have not felt confident enough to reveal this. I told my parents first and then my close friends. It is a huge releif to me now this is out in the open.

I am proud to love downlighters, despite what some poeple will think of me for it.

Sponsored Links
free-sick-smileys-1051.gif

I know alot of people say there a bit of a fad, but Im really not sure which way to go!

Yes it would be seperately switched, Ive only seen them commercial in a shop, thats where I got the idea from. As you say havent seen it in domestic premises as yet.

My old Ma's got them in her bedroom. Three wallwashers & a central pendant. Looks OK to me. Even though I'm not a dirty recessedlightophile like RF.... ;)

Go for it and let us know. I've tried the down lights and up lights combo but I think only the down lights get used now.

My up light, down light setup is in the playroom/dinning room and we haven't been able to get in for toys yet.

Ok I'll give m sparki the good news, as first I was having just downlights, then he put a feed in for a main light and left the downlight wires so can be done. Just need to get the hoods for the downlights and buy them. Costs alot more but be worth it I think!!??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back