Drill for under £100?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a cordless drill, with a decent hammer action and plenty of speed, preferably for under £100. Though I could stretch the budget to £150 if its really good. Just for general DIY. Will be for masonry drilling, wood drilling, screw driving etc.

Also a decent set of mixed drill bits and screw driver heads that will last me a long time!!!

My dad's got a black and decker 18 volt drill, but it lacks any oomph on hammer action. Much better with his 20 year old B&Q 240v drill! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Do a search! You have enough experience of this site to find the answers to a question that's asked on an almost daily basis.

Check the sites like screwfix, d&m and toolstation to see what's on offer.

Let us know which you fancy going for and report back.

corded or cordless?

£100 is not a bad budget, i got a couple of referbed makita's off ebay (Makita combi 8391) last week for £70 each (two 1.3 18v batterys, drill and carry case for each) and they would do the job your after. This model is £200 each new on b&q. On another note hitachi also have a good combi drill, dv18dvc if i remember rightly.

Keep away from B&D, they are toys that break after little use in my experance.

screwfix, b&q have some nice gear but very expensive, you can get a much better deal online.

just my thoughts :)
Phil

ryobi one plus are great for the diy market with over 30 tools for the house and garden to fit the batteries
you can get a hammer drill and angle drill driver for around £100

http://ryobi-oneplus.co.uk/

ryobi and dewalt are the only two manufacturers whos tools and batteryies are backward and forward fitting with only the newest charger required to gaurentee full compatability

this dewalt is excelent value with latest tecnology li-ion battery
you can part charge these batteries without dammaging them
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/74113...rills/DeWalt-DC988L1-18V-Cordless-Combi-Drill

Sponsored Links
i'll second the sds if your only using it as a hammer drill, but you will only be able to get corded at the price you want.

I reckon an FAQ on the tools section would prove useful for such requests...

That's a drilldriver. A low powered one. THe batteries are also likely shagged.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Steve's been handling a large tool since he was a kid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back