driving without due care and attention

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not seen this before, young woman pushing top of the range pushchair, complete with baby with one hand, and texting on mobile phone with the other.
I watched as she approached road junction and all she did was briefly just glance ahead, she didnt see car approaching from right, fortunately car driver saw her and stopped in time.
What an absolute ****, whats the betting she was of those prats that has a sign in the back window of her car saying "baby on board". :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
slightly off topic, but we have baby/child on board signs in our cars

I wouldn't say we have them to warn other drivers but the emergency services use them as an indication that there may be children in specific cars in an accident - on the basis that a young baby/child cannot take as much trauma as a grown adult and therefore need attention quicker!

slightly off topic, but we have baby/child on board signs in our cars

I wouldn't say we have them to warn other drivers but the emergency services use them as an indication that there may be children in specific cars in an accident - on the basis that a young baby/child cannot take as much trauma as a grown adult and therefore need attention quicker!

Fair point str, I never thought of it that way, believe it or not that never occurred to me,! :oops: but I suspect that you are in a minority in your reason for displaying the sign.
Incidentally are there any records to show that the emergency services recommend these signs as being beneficial in emergencys.?
Likewise could they also be putting the emergency staff at unnecessary risk if the sign is not removed from the vehicle when the child is not on board.?

dont take this the wrong way, but twaddle. As ex-emergency services, it makes absolutley no difference. As a parent i can see your point of view though

Sponsored Links
I was driving down a quiet road, passing a line of parked cars. Suddenly the front of a pushchair appeared from behind a parked van, so I moved to the right and slowed down. Then the second seat of a pushchair with tandem seats appeared, and kept appearing until the front end of the pushchair was well over halfway across the road. As I screeched to a halt against the opposite kerb the mother finally appeared from behind the van, and stopped to look to see if it was safe to cross.... :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just me, but if someone gives me cause to brake (i.e. doesn't look before changing lanes or pulls out under my nose) then a "Baby on board" sticker pees me off because I see that and think "They just put their baby's life at risk to save a whopping 2 seconds, great parenting d***head!"

Glad the emergency services ignore them, as no-one ever seems to take them out at other times

The same goes for those "hot babe on board" and similar stickers, no-one ever takes those out either... whenever I see one, the car's usually being driven by the hot babe's butt-ugly sister. :confused:

Still, there's nothing like the sight of a middle-aged man driving his daughter's car with pink furry steering wheel and a "Princess on board" sticker :LOL: :LOL:

[Still, there's nothing like the sight of a middle-aged man driving his daughter's car with pink furry steering wheel and a "Princess on board" sticker]
You never know, it could be his car. Out and proud

Are you saying that a pink fluffy steering wheel isnt fashionable?? :eek: what about a fluffy dashboard? :oops:

dont take this the wrong way, but twaddle. As ex-emergency services, it makes absolutley no difference. As a parent i can see your point of view though

tbo, I have heard varying reports on this, from it being true to being a complete load of BS - it does make me feel slightly better though in thinking thta if I were in a crash, the kids would be looked after first, whether its true or not.

however, my bad, as I never remove the sign when its just me in the car :oops:

tbo, I have heard varying reports on this, from it being true to being a complete load of BS - it does make me feel slightly better though in thinking thta if I were in a crash, the kids would be looked after first, whether its true or not.

however, my bad, as I never remove the sign when its just me in the car :oops:

I know a few people who work as paramdics, ambulance technicians and firemen - next time i see them i'll ask them if they look out for tell-tale signs that a child might be on board but i suspect that they just check the cars or ask witness/occupants who've got out themselves etc... to get a more accurate picture of who's been injured.

Don't knock a pedestrian over at a junction... If they are on the road they have priority ...
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Highwaycode/DG_070332

dg_070533.jpg

-p-

Sponsored Links
Back