Dual 1g fast fix box for flatplate sockets ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone advise if i can buy a dual 1g fast fix boxes which will accomodate two flatplate accessories side by side ? I am using MK Aspect range.

Thanks,

DS

Sponsored Links
No.The standard box does not allow enough space between the two boxes when using flat plate accessories.

Thanks,

DS

Well I've just checked the Aspect catalogue vs the Logic Plus catalogue, and both list the dimensions of the single outlets etc as 86mmx86mm so if you can fit a logic plus on a dual box, and Aspect will fit too

If they don't fit, then I guess it's time for two singles

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the research. I have a dual (2x1g) fast fix in timber clad wall at the moment and i cannot get the covers on both Aspect sockets at the same time (n) I cannot fit two 1G fast fixes side by side because the retaining lugs between the two boxes have nothing to fix too.

Thanks,

DS

Thanks BAS, if it was a solid wall yes, but it's not. I need to use fast fix dry liner boxes.

I may have to resort to two 35mm metal boxes fixed top and bottom to allow me to increase the gap in the middle.
I seem to remember you could buy clip on lugs years ago before fast fix was invented ?

I will have a search.

Regards,

DS

2 single plastic boxes and a piece of timber which is the length of 2 single boxes + space between.
Fix both boxes onto the timber using screws through the back of each box, spaced the required distance apart.
Fit the whole thing into the wall hole using the 2 outer lugs to fix it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back