Dual RCD board

Sponsored Links
NO!!!

It looks like a Dual tarrif board or similar with effectively, two incomer RCD units feeding two busbars.

Danger is, as the busbar cover implies, the two feeds are on two different phases, so between the two lives you have 400V.

(Someone not quite understanding electricity has added up 240+240 to get the 480V they have written on...)

This is an ambiguous and dangerous set-up.

Didn't TP used to be distributed at 480V back in the red white and blue days?

Picked this one up doing a periodic. One of the worst pieces of installation I have ever seen. Worst of it is, it passed a PIR 5 years ago!

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing this is in a commercial premisis as there are two phases present.

Can't even blame this one on sloppy DIY.

Beats most of my Picture of the week!™ photos :LOL:

OOI, what code did you give it?

Possibly, he says, frantically thumbing his 14th Ed......

Hmm.

Can only find the following:

ELV: Not exeeding 50V between conductors and 30V ac or 50V dc between conductor & earth.

LV: Exceeding ELV but not exceeding 250V.

MV: 250-650V

HV: 650V+

Can't seem to find a specific mention of TP voltage.

415 when I was a boy :!:

the left hand RCD shouldn't be in there it doesnt fit properly and the snapped off busbar looks as if it's about to cut into the neutrals

And how many conductors are attached to the breakers?

VAN -

I'm assuming you checked and the incomers are on different phases??

;)

Four ring final circuits split across two RCDs on two seperate phases. The neutrals for the two ring finals on the left hand side are jammed into the load side neutral terminal on the RCD.
Code 2 but was rectified immediately.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back