Dual RCD board

Which regulation is it not complying with ?
Although it's far from ideal, all I'm seeing is a custom made dual phase distribution unit. I'm sure we've all seen simular setups inside skeleton boards and control panels?

If there's no external isolator, IMO it would require an "Isolate Elsewhere Before Removing Cover" label but apart from that, I'm not seeing a PIR coding either.

But I'll wait and see what regs others quote in relation to a PIR code.....

Sponsored Links
I admit that a specific regulation as regards the two phases is a tough one and the only one I could quote is 514.10.1 as regards labelling and warning notices as there were none on the cover. The only warning is the DANGER 480V scrawled across the busbar cover. As for custom made, I would call it cobbled together at the last minute as there were no more spare ways in the 3 phase db for 4 ring final circuits.

I was being kind with the words "custom & made" :LOL:

Isolate Elsewhere Before Removing Cover = 537.2.1.3. In this instance, if I didn't have a label in the tool box I would have given it a code 2 because the wiring configuration is not what anyone would expect inside a domestic type CU.

And I agree with 514.10.1

But apart from labelling.....

I also assumed there was no warning on the cover re the voltage present.

Several points smack of tackiness: using a Contactum RCD in a Hager board is one.

Two, those neutrals stuffed into the RCD are a real bodge.

Three, it is obviously not type tested, being a cobbled together affair. Whether that is a coding matter I'm not sure, but it sure as heck is a poor installation.

What were they thinking?

Sponsored Links
Could the supply be a split phase, twin phase instead of 3 phase?
The phases being 180deg out?

Could the supply be a split phase, twin phase instead of 3 phase?
The phases being 180deg out?

I suppose it could. Not seen that before, though. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist, though!!

I've never seen it before either, just heard about it not so long back on here. Think it might have been ericmark or Lec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back