Eat out to help out.

Good!
I really don't understand people who get exited in saying "the new normal" like if it was the best thing that ever happened to them.
We're humans, not animals.
We need social contact, physical contact, otherwise we might just be another breed of furry friends.
I didn't enjoy the evening. I wasn't expecting there to be so many people. It seemed to go against everything we've been working for, for the the past four months.

Sponsored Links
some restaurants near me now offer a take-away

served into a shallow container with sauces and gravy in a separate tub. I suppose you could eat it out of the box but easy enough to transfer to warmed plates at home. You can order online (I saw some people turn up without booking get turned away).

Surprisingly good, we found.

Bet it was absolutely heaving just before you arrived, Himmy. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Hardly, we were the hosts. :LOL::LOL:
There were three French/English speakers, one English/Vietnamese speaker, one French/Vietnamese speaker, and most of the French had also a smattering of English, two of the non-fluent Vietnamese speakers had a smattering of Vietnamese, and the English/Vietnamese person also had a smattering of French.

But food, good wine, music and amitié is a universal language in itself.
And a good time was had by all.

I wonder if the restaurant would be ok with you going out for a meal, then packing up leftovers so you can take them home
We have friends here and in UK, who run restaurants, both of them are more than comfortable with, and have suitable containers available for customers 'doggy bag' requirements.
The friends in UK run a Japanese restaurant, so 'doggy bag' contents for us are usually freshly prepared sushi, rather than any left-overs.

Sponsored Links
Thats the least of your worries, we were there in 2000 staying at The Holiday Inn in Beijing, Very expensive to eat so we as usual wandered the streets to find a restaurant, at the door was a tank full of giant toads, pick your own, also rat was on the menu, no forks just chopsticks, the staff were peeping round a curtain laughing at our attempts with chopsticks, we went back twice

Back